6.0 Regulated Return - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 05:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 Regulated Return

What are the benefits of the regulated return for a 6.0? For you that have it did you notice any difference? Does it help supply more fuel to the injectors at high RPM? I feel like buying something but would like some input, please. Here's what I'm looking at Ford 6.0L PSD Regulated Return Kit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2008, 05:48 PM

The factory system dead heads at the back of the head, so when you are on the fuel the front cylinders steal most of the fuel. A regulated system opens the back of the heads up and then the fuel flows completly through. Then it goes to the regulator where you can adjust the pressure. That way your injectors get the press they need. Ecspeacially in wot. Also a Fass 150/180 is a must to go w/ that Reg return. IMO(the reg return is still a must have even w/out the fass) I would buy it. I used parts from ITP's kit and also made some braided line and did away w/ the factory fuel bowl also.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty's Diesel View Post
The factory system dead heads at the back of the head, so when you are on the fuel the front cylinders steal most of the fuel. A regulated system opens the back of the heads up and then the fuel flows completly through. Then it goes to the regulator where you can adjust the pressure. That way your injectors get the press they need. Ecspeacially in wot. Also a Fass 150/180 is a must to go w/ that Reg return. IMO(the reg return is still a must have even w/out the fass) I would buy it. I used parts from ITP's kit and also made some braided line and did away w/ the factory fuel bowl also.
So I can get away with the RR with out a FASS system? The FASS wouldn't be necessary if I'm gonna use stock injectors, turbo, and somewhat light tuning, correct? Is there anyway to screw up the injectors with the regulator?
Old 12-26-2008, 06:16 PM
one day at a time

The kit you linked is the same kit I have, made by ITP. It does just what Dusty said it does. Flows fuel all the way through the heads and back to the regulator where you can adjust the fuel pressure. Keeps consistant fuel flow to all the injectors all the way through the powerband. I can't honestly tell you that there is a SOTP difference, but IMO its a good thing especially in the higher RPM's and will help your injectors live a long happy life. However I would recommend the Airdog over the FASS. With stock injectors the FP100 or 150 would be fine, its just a pusher pump for the stock HCFM and provides air/water separation. That's what I have and when/if I go with bigger sticks I'll add the raptor fuel pump to replace my HCFM. Airdog now also has a stand alone air/water separation pump that will completely bypass the HCFM like the FASS does. Just came out with that in December. I wouldn't recommend the FASS simply because of all the pump failures I have heard about from many people on this board as well as others. If you ever plan on having modified injectors in your truck you will need the reg. return and Airdog IMO.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:17 PM
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005F250 View Post
So I can get away with the RR with out a FASS system? The FASS wouldn't be necessary if I'm gonna use stock injectors, turbo, and somewhat light tuning, correct? Is there anyway to screw up the injectors with the regulator?
Yes with stock injectors you don't necessarily need a FASS or Airdog. I just like the airdog for the air/water separation capability.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:01 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005F250 View Post
For you that have it did you notice any difference?
I noticed nothing. One by one with these supporting mods though.....
Old 12-26-2008, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shu873 View Post
If you ever plan on having modified injectors in your truck you will need the reg. return and Airdog IMO.
some guy over on tdg is saying not to run the two together. Someone clarify please.

AirdogII and more - DieselGarage Forums
Old 12-26-2008, 08:10 PM

thanks Dusty and Kurt, i appreciate the insight as well, i was in the same boat also. also stay away from FASS, get the airdog, i believe right now is free shipping until Jan through airdog carriers.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:20 PM
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by darsey715 View Post
some guy over on tdg is saying not to run the two together. Someone clarify please.

AirdogII and more - DieselGarage Forums
I can't remember exactly what the issue is, but its common enough. I know you can run the 2 together. But there is a trick to it. Hopefully someone will chime in who knows better than me. Dan from FASS could answer it easily.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:23 PM

dan from fass would tell me why his product works and whomever from airdog would end up saying the same thing...I'm looking for the dudes that run the chit and know how it works. That's why I'm asking YOU Kurt!! lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.