what should i do - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2008, 01:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
what should i do

well my truck is supposed to go in for headstuds and a fuel system in the second week of january. i would like to throw some injectors in there while the cab is off but i dont know what i would like to do. i plan on going with the 205cc sticks from elite with there vgt ho. problem is that this truck will be my daily driver so i dont need it breaking down everywhere. i might have to tow every once and awhile also. i was set on this setup but i have read that some of the guys that did injectors wished they were stock again. just wondering what you guys think i should do. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2008, 02:14 PM

You gotta remeber if your gonna go anything over 190's the truck is gonna run alittle hotter. From what I heard about elite is that there injectors flow alittle more then others.(205's could equal 225's) I plan on switching to there 155's with a fass fuel system and Industrial Injections turbo. With good tuning i should be at about 500hp and be a great daily driver and beable to tow everyday with it. Dont know what your plans are for this truck but your probaly gonna need a regulated return system which is gonna be alot easier to do when the cabs off. Also dont forget about that trans. either. Call them and ask questions, it might be better to switch to there 185's then 205's. With this turbo you may need a new pedistal to but I'm not 100% sure.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:46 PM

yea im getting the itp regulated return whether i do injectors or not. i would like more power but i just dont want to wrench on it everyday.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:42 PM

i have 225's and drive it everyday, but no vgt turbo.it runs pretty hot(egt's) even cruising around. if you going to tow, i wouldnt go with any thing over 190's. i can tow but its very light loads even with a custom tow file. i dont have to wrench on it everyday, i really all depends on how you drive it all the time. if your on it all the time, your going to wrench a lot, but if you get on it occasionally, that wont lead to that. i still have the stock trans, and i have no sighns of slipping yet, and have had this set up for quite a while.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:48 PM

thats good to know that your not having problems because i plan on using the stock tranny for awhile also. i tend to baby my truck alot but i get on it occasionally. i have heard people are having better luck with the non vgt turbos when it comes to surging. im not to worried about towing my big trailer with this truck because i use my dads lol. i will only be towing a 14ft cargo trailer every once and awhile. its extremely light though. idk im tired of getting beat by d max's and cummins lol.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:16 PM

I'm perfectly happy with my setup and I use it to tow my horses all over. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:28 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I would not get 205's from elite and I would not use their turbo either. I would recommend anything under 190 from Casserly and I'd probably call doug and eric to find out which turbo would be best. Would probably end up with a beans or II turbo. I don't think I would get that injector size with a vgt. Be sure to chime back in and let us know how it goes.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darsey715 View Post
Would probably end up with a beans or II turbo.

Bean started back doing turbos for the 6.0? Last time that I talked to him about turbos(jan. or so of this year) he wasn't planning on doing them.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex25025 View Post
Bean started back doing turbos for the 6.0? Last time that I talked to him about turbos(jan. or so of this year) he wasn't planning on doing them.
last time i talked to beans they refered me to spartan for 6.0 stuff. i might just go smaller like the 155's and the vgt-ss. the guy installing my stuff wants me to stay vgt. i guess i will be towing alot. i might as well sell the 6.0 and get a 6.4 with spartan tuning. i saw that they have a 275 tune for them. i wouldnt mind 550hp with a tuner and dpf delete lol.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxracer42 View Post
the guy installing my stuff wants me to stay vgt. i guess i will be towing alot.

Why does he want you to stay vgt? I tow an awful alot of the time and I have a non-vgt turbo and I haven't had a lick of problems with it. If he is just installing it, then it really doesn't matter rather it's vgt or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.