OBD port fixed, Bully Dog Pup is now Barking!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2008, 03:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
OBD port fixed, Bully Dog Pup is now Barking!!

After a fruitless search on the internet to find out the wire diagram of the OBD 2 port i went by my friends auto service center. He pulled it up on his screen and made me a copy. I took the 2 screws that hold the port in place and removed the electrical tape. Port 13 was vacant. It was suppose to have a violet wire in it. I found it and got it pushed back in. Took a little effort but it went.

I hook the Bully Dog Pup back into the port again and followed the prompts. This time it worked. I went thru a few screens and decided on 30 percent for now (no guages yet) . It said complete and remove. So i did.

Time for the test drive. I really was not expecting much, boy was i wrong. Holy smokes batman. Hard to describe. Just a big permanet smile on my face. For those that say the SCT is even better, I would have a hard time believing it, but it very well may be better. I doubt that i will ever find out. For a split secong the power felt like my 1987 Buick Grand National.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2008, 03:57 PM

Glad your pleased. How does the tranny shift? Along with power that's where the SCT really shines.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:01 PM

A bullydog on 100 percent wont match an SCT, and you're on 30! Even if Bullydog made the power, it wouldn't put it to the tires anyways with NO transmission tuning.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:18 PM
lifetime member

yep! sct all the way. i do hope you enjoy your new power. be careful and get some guages. not trying to sell you on the sct, however i have spent rediculous amounts of money on transmissions before the sct. now the tranny seems to take all that i throw at it.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:57 PM

I have an 05 psd, I was running the preformance tune on a bullydog triple pup, Now keep in mind this is my first deisle and firt tuner. It made a big differece to me, but after joining this great org.I started to get courious, I sold my bullydog yesterday and bought tunes form eric too. Tomorrow i am buying a sct and hopefully it will make a beliver out of me
Old 12-18-2008, 07:05 PM

I do not doubt the SCT, but i doubt that i will change anytime soon unless i get one on the cheap. I ended up with the BD pup for 25 dollars. I do not have much reason to up the power although i probably will as soon as i get some guages. What is wrong with using outlook guages instead of 3 seperate analog ones? It put a smile on my face everytime i hit the diesel pedal today.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:31 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mins View Post
Time for the test drive. I really was not expecting much, boy was i wrong. Holy smokes batman. Hard to describe. Just a big permanet smile on my face. For those that say the SCT is even better, I would have a hard time believing it, but it very well may be better. I doubt that i will ever find out. For a split secong the power felt like my 1987 Buick Grand National.
you better believe it, i had a power pup, it was junk, it also fried my PCM.... Bully dog isnt even in the same league as SCT.. Custom tunes are the only way to go!! by the way, your tranny isnt gonna like you now, after using the Bullydog..

Last edited by Rob; 12-19-2008 at 09:38 AM.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:24 AM

I was doing 120km/h and broke the tires loose when I hammered down...

all 4 I was in 4HI as well.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:55 AM

so you were doing 75 mph about in 4 wheel drive and floored it and broke the tires loose. im calling bull shiat on this one. Unless you have a lot more mods than you sig says or run 2 inch wide tires you are not breaking all four tires loose on dry aspault at 75 mph. i run my race file daily and no what it can and cant do. spinning at 75 mph in 4 wheel drive is soemthing it cant do.

Just trying to give the huy an honest impression and not think that hes going to ahve a 15,000 horsepower jet motor automatically strapped to his truck
Old 12-19-2008, 10:37 AM

90 percent of the time i can not break the tires on my 1987 buick grand national lose at 75 mph and i have a lot of $$ invested in the car. It runs circles around ANY diesel i have ever scene on the road tht was willing to even try.

Powerstrokes are great for what they are, TRUCKS!! If you want to go fast buy a car. Trying to stop a 8500 pound truck from 110 is exciting but stupid.

I love my power stroke, i wish i would have bought one years ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.