SCT VS BULLYDOG review - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2008, 12:09 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SCT VS BULLYDOG review

Just thought i'd give a comparison of the two for those that are thinking of switching. I had the bullydog w/ outlook on 100hp setting. I got innovative tunes extreme street.

Bullydog has a ton of power but it doesn't feel reliable. Some days its faster some days its slower. Some days it shifts good some days it feels like my transmission is crying. Temperatures get way to hot. I can't really thromp on the throttle from a stand still to highway speed without the egt's getting too hot. Bullydog's boost is also a little worrysome for me as i've peaked at 32. The bullydog is also wayy less driveable as SCT. Its basically if you have the weight of your foot on the peddle your going all out. There's no real throttle feel.

Sct was a complete change. It feels reliable. FAST and most importantly safe. Feels a little quicker than the bullydog. Shifts are quick and firm and feel good. Boost doesn't exceed 25psi which I feel is safe since i don't have studs. Way more peddle feel with sct. I have way more throttle feel. My peak egt's with the sct are 950 which i feel are extremely good.

All in all if you have a bullydog and are quesitoning switching stop questioning and just DO IT. Better on all levels.

Fuel mileage not to sure yet because its -45 celcius out so I have to warm it up for 15/20 minutes every morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2008, 12:30 AM
Banned

Peaked EGT's were only 950?????????????,....you must have the probe in the wrong place( post turbo),.....unless you drive very slowly,...then I could see it peak at 950.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

what tunes are you running tank?
Old 12-14-2008, 12:37 AM
Banned

DJ's Extreme track file(tuned on while on Dyno)
Old 12-14-2008, 09:28 AM

Na its in the right spot. Could be because the temperatures are so cold here right now. But egt's are definitely noticably lower than the bullydog. I told eric that my main concern was keeping boost and egt low because i didn't have the capacity to replace headgaskets at this time.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

one of my buddies had bully dog. blew his head gaskets twice. first the dealer replaced them w/ factory parts, second time with arp's then he sold the dog and got sct. bully dog was pretty quick tho for a general tune
Old 12-14-2008, 11:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Well I went to a bully dog dealer in Austin and they hooked it up drove around but it would start over heating the truck so they took it off and was not sure if i really wanted a chip now but I went a ahead and order the sct the day it came in my internet was down so could not upload any files to it but it had a +65 factory file ..so hooked it up drove around it did not over heat and really did not blow any smoke there was a little + power not really what I was looking for so day the net came back up hit up some free files from spartan and went to town... boy i was like a kid in a candy store blowing smoke every where.... But i would take the sct over the bully dog for the 6.0's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.