For those thinking about it: Results in 4" exhaust sound and fuel... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2008, 02:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
For those thinking about it: Results in 4" exhaust sound and fuel...

Thought some of your might like to know: First of all after much study here, I got a 3.5" MBRP downpipe instead of 4" as some have problems with clearance in 4". I am not sure the 4" downpipe is necessary anyway unless you are making a 500 HP Drag truck... I belled it out to 4" at the bottom and ran as straight back as possible, kitty gone, straight flow through glass pack sort of 2' muffler 4" straight through, up slightly over the rear axle and turned out at 45 degrees aft of the dually mud flap... Results as follows-

Sound: GREAT.. not overbearing, but definite a little Old School Hot Rod V-8 Rumble when you get on it. A little mild rev at idle even, gives that cool rumble effect. I was worried about Highway drone, but while you can lightly hear it and it feels good, it is not overbearing and you don't need to turn the stereo up or anything.

When you romp on it, they hear you even in the car behind you. IT DOES SOUND GOOD... But I am a 56 Y.O. Businessman, and it is not "over the top" as they say here, not too much, just a little rumble of the power it is...

Back pressure fuel economy: I cannot give you figures yet, but it looks like about 4-5% better on the "lie o meter" which is fairly accurate on my truck on a long highway trip and hand calculates out about the same as the meter says.. It is showing that 4-5% better fuel economy still running stock Tune on the SCT

EGTs Maybe, maybe a slight drop.. But nothing to speak of right now..

Now Eric at Innovative Diesel, is a CHAMPION, and has written a Tune for the SCT. I should have some figures soon and will update, but I am striving for a 10-15% increase in fuel economy. We do long range work in Australia... It is not so much for economy as RANGE of available fuel...
07, King Ranch, F-350 Dually, LWB CC FX4 and loaded to 4300-4500 kg around 9900 lbs say with big tanks and tool boxes full.. But love my toys going with me SCT LIVEWIRE, Bocar Bull Bar, 16.5 Warn coming, big hitch, 5th wheel ball mount, LightForce 240mm HID driving lights, UHF radio...

INTERESTING FUEL NOTE: Eric has said that a Street or Extreme Street will get better fuel economy if you keep your foot out of it and drive lightly, but of course not safe for towing......
He has sent me a Tow Safe tune. QUESTION OF MERIT: There must be a way to tell what tune you left the truck in, if you have two major Tunes loaded... Anybody have a way?? Extreme or Street around town, but when hooking up to tow a van switch back... Easy to make a boo-boo... Must be some way to tell where you left it?

Best regards to you all in America... We love your trucks ( it is that or rice grinders here in Australia, and they have no power for towing )

Had an 08 Silverado, had... BACK TO A FORD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2008, 02:52 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
You will feel the difference in power between Xtreme st and Tow. Other than that im not sure
Old 11-20-2008, 08:09 PM

WOW!
Just got Erics Tunes from Innovative Diesel Performance, Loaded...

And just on STREET.... THIS IS A NEW TRUCK.. It seems like it is about 50% more, and big black plume of smoke out my 4" exhaust that when I romp on it sounds like Old School Big Block Muscle car stuff..!

I am 56 years old, going on 25 again! I can't help myself but romp and stomp! How immature... Lovin it...

Oh well, I will tone it down and start the light foot, for fuel range in the Bush.. And reporting to the Bushtracker Owners, but ain't it fun right now!!

Erics tunes ROCK!
Old 11-20-2008, 08:14 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Glad to hear you like em Ranger. I knew you would
Old 11-21-2008, 06:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to BlackPearlF250
smoke out a kangaroo!!!
Old 11-21-2008, 10:39 AM

Black Pearl,
I have to admit, that despite my maturity or lack thereof... I have been seen picking on a few uppity rice grinders, that had the audacity to pass me on my exhaust output side with their windows down..

I just could not resist... One of them, a rice grinder city 4x4 had four people in it, and they all looked like this in my rear view window as I blew them off in a black haze.. This performance upgrade cost me thousands, and that one moment made it PRICELESS

As to Kangaroos, now they are NO LAUGHING MATTER... If you go to our Bushtracker Owners Forum at Bushtracker Forum :: Index it is free, and you can see pictures of fairly large "Bull Bars" on the front of almost all tow vehicles here in Oz... Hitting them at 60 mph with a BB, can ruin your whole morning and maybe get one sitting in the front seat with you..

On one trip in the Outback, I collected more animals by accident (except for one Black Snake Tiapan sort ) than an average African Safari... Besides the birds and wood duck that flew up out of a cattle grate, I took out a big black wild boar, Eastern Grey Kangaroo, wallaby (small type of roo), a Goanna (dead big lizard four feet long), another type of medium roo... And so on... And just for fun, Black Pearl, understand that a BIG RED Kangaroo can easily stand 5-6' high, no kidding, big as a man, and they run at about 40 miles an hour and like to graze along the roads in the dead of night only to bound out in front of you night blinded by headlights.... Never mind the real big hazards like camels, cattle, wild cattle, wild horses, we don't carry those big BULL BARS just to look COOL....

Best Regards from Oz to all you Yanks....
Old 11-21-2008, 10:53 AM

Send a message via AIM to BlackPearlF250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Ranger View Post
Black Pearl,
I have to admit, that despite my maturity or lack thereof... I have been seen picking on a few uppity rice grinders, that had the audacity to pass me on my exhaust output side with their windows down..

I just could not resist... One of them, a rice grinder city 4x4 had four people in it, and they all looked like this in my rear view window as I blew them off in a black haze.. This performance upgrade cost me thousands, and that one moment made it PRICELESS

As to Kangaroos, now they are NO LAUGHING MATTER... If you go to our Bushtracker Owners Forum at Bushtracker Forum :: Index it is free, and you can see pictures of fairly large "Bull Bars" on the front of almost all tow vehicles here in Oz... Hitting them at 60 mph with a BB, can ruin your whole morning and maybe get one sitting in the front seat with you..

On one trip in the Outback, I collected more animals by accident (except for one Black Snake Tiapan sort ) than an average African Safari... Besides the birds and wood duck that flew up out of a cattle grate, I took out a big black wild boar, Eastern Grey Kangaroo, wallaby (small type of roo), a Goanna (dead big lizard four feet long), another type of medium roo... And so on... And just for fun, Black Pearl, understand that a BIG RED Kangaroo can easily stand 5-6' high, no kidding, big as a man, and they run at about 40 miles an hour and like to graze along the roads in the dead of night only to bound out in front of you night blinded by headlights.... Never mind the real big hazards like camels, cattle, wild cattle, wild horses, we don't carry those big BULL BARS just to look COOL....

Best Regards from Oz to all you Yanks....
damn thats pretty wild. im gonna have to come there with guns strapped to my roof in case those bastards decide to jump in front and mess up my pretty front end lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.