Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Amsoil engine flush

7K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Heavy_GD 
#1 ·
So I know the oil system is the heart of the 6.0 engine. That being said, taking care of it is priority number one. So I've been debating wither or not to use this AMSOIL Engine and Transmission Flush. I know that when you drain the oil, not all of it comes out. So dose anyone think that this stuff in our engine would do any damage? Mostly I'm worried about HPOP wear as well as wear on my BPD oil system. Any thoughts?

#4 ·
Oil is used to inject fuel at over 20,000 psi and you want to run whale piss through the injection system to "clean" it out? Good luck, you'll need it. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#5 ·
First time changing the oil in my new 99 so i bought the amsoil flush. I thought to myself well what about the remaining fluid left in the hpop and oil cooler. So i decided to check on here with the professionals first. So glad i did and confirmed my theory.

Maybe it would have been ok, but it wasnt worth the risk.

#8 ·
nightraider, I applaud your use of the search function. So few seem to grasp the concept.

Also I recommend Archoil, I use it every oil change because it works.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.