EGT PROBE Position Matter? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 02:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EGT PROBE Position Matter?

SCT EGT Option going in today...
Probe is a little difficult to access with the Right Hand Drive Conver$$ion..

Anyway, I cannot see how it could matter if it comes in from the side or bottom, as the easiest access to drill and tap is from underneath right now..

Anybody have input on this.. I know it has to be in the Ex.Man. before the Turbo, but position matter? I would not think so, but no harm in asking

Best regards from Australia......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2008, 02:13 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blowinsmoke4life
i've always heard putting it between the 3rd and 4th cylinder closest to the fire wall and that where i put mine
Old 11-13-2008, 02:17 PM

Look at stump's install stickie in the 6.0 mods section. That's where I put mine.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:19 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to 67ModStang Send a message via Yahoo to 67ModStang
I don't think the position should matter just as long as the probe is in the center of the exhaust flow. Most people will put it on the bottom of the bend of the left hand manifold because it is the easiest to get to.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:27 PM

Thanks Guys,

Let me tell you how cool this Forum is... In the time it took to get good solid answers from you on this Forum, I have been on hold with SKYPE from Australia on the SCT Technical line....

BTW---- SKYPE, is a new phone system through your laptop computer, right now charging me 2.7 cents Aussie per minute, that would be about 2 cents a minute U.S. and I am calling International 10,000 kms from Oz...!!!!

Look into it... Near FREE long distance calls, VERY COOL...

Still no answer on the SCT Technical line, maybe they are closed... I give up, you guys did a great job, THANK YOU...
Old 11-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
just put it towards the bottom... it wont be that much diff in temp
Old 11-13-2008, 03:07 PM

Raul,
You seem to be pretty saavy, reading your Posts, you seem to one of those that is pretty switched on and on top of things.... Question maybe you would know: SCT Livewire, it is possible that one would want to run two different tunes, a Performance Economy one for top fuel mileage, and a Tow Safe 50 HP one for when you tow... How do you tell which Tune you are in??

I have been offering a couple of tips to SCT Technical on things they should have on board, like the Monitor not having to be rebooted everytime you get in to drive, as that is a chronic 3-4 step pain in the Tookas, and also some vehicles like my King Ranch F-350 have a tranny temp guage and the SCT Monitor will not read it.. Others like a 2005 can, but not mine for some reason..

SCT Technical appreciates this advice and are going to work on both and I will update my Forum with the results at Bushtracker Forum :: Index where I have 830 Bushtracker Customers Registered... This is for everyones benefit. My Edge Platinum Juice w/ Att had the monitor on there everytime you turn on the key. I am quite happy that SCT is a better bit of gear to download Custom tunes, but these are a couple of shortcomings...

The third thing for SCT would be some kind of easy way to see what tune you left it on... Seems it would be an advantage. Right now I can tell by driving, as it would be tuned or stock... but not if I had Tow 50 HP and an Economy Tune. What do you say?
Old 11-13-2008, 03:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Ranger View Post
Raul,
You seem to be pretty saavy, reading your Posts, you seem to one of those that is pretty switched on and on top of things.... Question maybe you would know: SCT Livewire, it is possible that one would want to run two different tunes, a Performance Economy one for top fuel mileage, and a Tow Safe 50 HP one for when you tow... How do you tell which Tune you are in??

I have been offering a couple of tips to SCT Technical on things they should have on board, like the Monitor not having to be rebooted everytime you get in to drive, as that is a chronic 3-4 step pain in the Tookas, and also some vehicles like my King Ranch F-350 have a tranny temp guage and the SCT Monitor will not read it.. Others like a 2005 can, but not mine for some reason..

SCT Technical appreciates this advice and are going to work on both and I will update my Forum with the results at Bushtracker Forum :: Index where I have 830 Bushtracker Customers Registered... This is for everyones benefit. My Edge Platinum Juice w/ Att had the monitor on there everytime you turn on the key. I am quite happy that SCT is a better bit of gear to download Custom tunes, but these are a couple of shortcomings...

The third thing for SCT would be some kind of easy way to see what tune you left it on... Seems it would be an advantage. Right now I can tell by driving, as it would be tuned or stock... but not if I had Tow 50 HP and an Economy Tune. What do you say?
only real way is to remember which tune your in lol....

honestly im not a big fan of the livewire or any all in 1 device.... even if it did read your trans temp its not accurate because your stocker isnt accurate at all.. its just a dummy light.. you could easily be overheating your trans and that thing will always stay at normal

my advice to anyone looking to get SCT is always get a X3 and a set of regular gauges... but thats just my opinion..

as far as the other things you told SCT it will prob be along time before they do any of that since their working on the touch screen and will prob get rid of the livewire for that in the near future...

-Raul
Old 11-13-2008, 03:23 PM

I can see the point to what you are saying Raul... And probably agree...

But I was hoping the OBD port might have reliable reading on tranny, and also we are RH Drive here in Oz... Left hand pillar guages would be a little hard to see..

Oh well, this is what I do, real time R&D... Don't really know till I try..... That is why the SCT and EGT Probe and 4" exhaust... Fuel Economy R&D for our Bushtracker Owners.. It is what I do, free of charge, and having fun at it.

Thanks,
Steven Gibbs,
Director,
Bushtracker aka lone Ranger
Old 11-13-2008, 04:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

You can put the gauges on a pod that mounts under the console for your lie o meter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.