Advantage of SCT livewire or x3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Advantage of SCT livewire or x3

What is the advantage of the livewire? is it capable of making more power? safer power due to parameters on screen? or custom tunes? what is the comparison between the two?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I do Research and Development of Tow Vehicles as well as the Bushtracker Caravans in Australia... I have had PowerChips, Quadzilla, Edge Juice Platinum with Attitude, and now after much research have the SCT LIVEWIRE.... And SCT EGT probe and will add that to the Monitor...

It is made to take the latest tunes, downloaded off the Internet, for continual innovation and improvement. While I am interested in increased range for towing big time in the Outback with fuel economy, there are hundreds using it for street drags and dragstrip...

I have been on the phone from Australia to SCT, Technical, getting help setting this up and cannot fault them on helpfulness or attitude... EXCELLENT Service. I have the Livewire, and the Monitor status will show any 6 of about 20 readouts on engine and transmission as well as I have set up an alarm for engine temperature... They remind me of my Company, Bushtracker...

My only fault so far, is I have not successfully been able to set up transmission temperatures on the Monitor. Have not been able to solve that, and may need to go to another analogue input or something??

Check them out... 07 King Ranch Dually, CC, DRW, LWB, 4x4

Last edited by Lone Ranger; 11-12-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to jhaddox
livewire has datalogging on the screen and it is a set of self contained guages basically...my preference is the x3 with a set of a-pillar guages..i think that looks alot better, there is no mount for the livewire except a suction cup on your windshield...with the x3 you can tune it and throw the tuner in your glovebox and be done

no power advantage with the livewire over the x3, you can put the exact same tunes on either one
Old 11-12-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Ranger View Post
My only fault so far, is I have not successfully been able to set up transmission temperatures on the Monitor. Have not been able to solve that, and may need to go to another analogue input or something??
That is true it will NOT read correct trans temps with the monitor i guess you need another input like the probe. But a single small guage near the trans hump wouldnt be that bad.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:04 PM

That is a disappointment... No Tranny temp readout...

What about an analog temperature probe addition to the Lifewire? Anybody done this? Like the EGT probe kit I have...

I don't have a problem with the pillar guage concept... Except I am Right hand drive.... It would be better to have it read out directly on the Livewire Monitor...!

Anyway, it is the Livewire that I have... The X/cal 3, is the same function, but is a "plug and play and store away" but does not have the six position readouts on the screen... The Livewire is just an expanded tuner with more goodies on board and the monitor screen for guages. Eric at Innovative says he can do tunes for either one..

Regards from Oz...
Old 11-12-2008, 05:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Wait i can get my tranny temps set up on my livewire. Is it just not accurate or something? Btw the livewire also lets you run 1/4mile et, 0-60, and estimate hp and tq though im not quite sure how accurate any of them are
Old 11-12-2008, 06:43 PM

Da Boss,
You say you get tranny temps with Livewire? Nothing added? I have two spots on the Monitor selections for tranny temps and I have tried both, either one, and nuttin...

Maybe it is just a difference between the 05 and 07...
Old 11-12-2008, 06:48 PM

Oh, and by the way, JHADDOX, lone Ranger here, and I got the latest cool toy for the SCT LIVEWIRE, a dash mount unit that has a push button adjustable two elbows for any angle... I mounted it on a Alloy plate with screws, ground off the back of the screws, and put big Velcro on the back of the plate and on the dash spot down low in the middle. Looks good, and right there to monitor things. I put an alarm on ECT Eng Coolant Temp at 220 and a red light will flash... If I hit it too much towing, I can raise it to what I want. The Monitor is pretty cool, and you can set flash alarms... Might be the way to go...
Old 11-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yeah i can select both and they will both read them fine. Im pretty sure no extra sensors were added before i bought it as it was dead stock. The 06+ 5r110 had a lot of extra sensors added to them so im not sure why they wouldnt have one for ya. There might just be something wrong with your unit as ive always had trouble with SCT products but i still continue to buy them.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:51 PM

Yea Da Boss???

I had Jessie at SCT Technical research it for about 15 minutes and then I called him back... He told me it was just my vehicle... Hmmm... Guess I will have to call back to Technical tomorrow and see what the difference is with an 05 to an 07... Maybe he was mistaken, or it is something I can fix... It is probably the second or third MOST important think I would like to have on the LiveWire Monitor, Engine Coolant in the big box in case you blew a hose or something on a long grade towing big, or EGTs when I get them up with the SCT Probe, And then Tranny temps is pretty important to me...

You guys are lucky in the availability of spares.. Life is really cool here in Australia in general, like Texas to Colorado only big as all the U.S. but only the population of Southern California altogether... Cool Life, but primitive in supply and expensive on gear!!! My truck cost me $120,000, mind you things are relative, a 200 Series Landcruiser GXL costs $80-85,000.. But anyway, a major failure could have me off the road for a month waiting for parts... Oh well not complaining, love my KR...

Best regards from Oz....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.