HELP!!! What is SCT STREET TUNE?? Safe to drive home plugged in, OR??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HELP!!! What is SCT STREET TUNE?? Safe to drive home plugged in, OR???

I have read the instructions three times...
Can I unplug the SCT when I drive?

What is the STREET tune...
I need Tow Safe Fuel Economy tune as I am towing 6000-9000 lb trailers up to the weigh bridge a few times a week... I am guessing STREET is a race tune...

All I can find in it is Tow 50, Tow 65, and Performance....

Anybody know what these are??? It in middle of the night in America.... 5:30 PM here in Australia... Any Night Owls about???

I would get on the phone but it is dark thirty over where you are...!!!!

Thanks in advance for your help!!! I feel dumb, but can't find any more literature on it....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2008, 11:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to Scooter9495 Send a message via Yahoo to Scooter9495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Ranger View Post
I have read the instructions three times...
Can I unplug the SCT when I drive?

What is the STREET tune...
I need Tow Safe Fuel Economy tune as I am towing 6000-9000 lb trailers up to the weigh bridge a few times a week... I am guessing STREET is a race tune...

All I can find in it is Tow 50, Tow 65, and Performance....

Anybody know what these are??? It in middle of the night in America.... 5:30 PM here in Australia... Any Night Owls about???

I would get on the phone but it is dark thirty over where you are...!!!!

Thanks in advance for your help!!! I feel dumb, but can't find any more literature on it....
Yes you can unplug SCT after programming, Street tune is just that- safe for everyday street driving,if you dont have an egt gauge and will be towing you SHOULD be safe on the 50 tow tune, if you do have egt gauge use tow 65 but watch egt temps,performance should be used ONLY when NOT towing and watching egt temps.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:16 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Hold the jog button in for a few seconds the livewire will power off. Ranger did you order any custom tunes with it?
Old 11-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

No, none yet, I will have to organize that... What is the best way to go about it? I thought it came with an Economy tune. But nope

I still do not know what STREET is, but I note almost 10% better fuel economy reports on the dash readout around town, and it is shifting earlier and holding lower RPM running on Torque instead of RPM... Opens up a whole new world..!!! But I am afraid to tow with it right now...

I will keep you Posted on results as I am looking for the best fuel economy settings with the SCT... Truck is sitting loaded at about 4200 kg 9240 lbs, 07 Dually KR CC LWB ... Larry at Discount Performance Power Parts is taking good care of me with the International Shipping. And 4"" exhaust goes in on Wed next... I guess I will contact Innovative Diesel for a custom economy tune without too much timing advance as to hurt the engine, and set up for running 25% City, 75% Highway, and towing about 3000-4000 kg once in a while. Running 410 gears on Dually, cruising 100-110 km/hour 62.5 to 68 normally on the highway.. Thank all of you for your help and any input you have.

Hot rodding would be fun.. But we are big time towing here in the Outback of Australia, and major fuel economy greatly extends your range. I am carrying 335 litres of fuel normally, 135 tank, 200 with pump in bed. You can see pictures for fun on our Forum, free, at Bushtracker Forum :: Index

Beer is on me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.