Rear Axle Braces to prevent wrap - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2008, 08:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rear Axle Braces to prevent wrap

I saw somewhere that someone was recommending axle brackets/braces to prevent axle wrap. My truck is basically stock and I still get the shudder of axle wrap under hard acceleration. Can someone recommend a product for a stock truck with no lift. May add a SCT x3 at some point but not looking to go nuts with anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2008, 09:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to 03f250stroke
stock and you get axle wrap? during normal driving? hmm thats weird. well you could buy some traction bars. or you could clamp the rear springs but that sucks for everyday driving.

when i had my 4inch lift i didnt have trac bars and only when i did a boosted launch did i ever deal with axle wrap. but check out some traction bars. fabtech, pro comp, they all make them
Old 11-10-2008, 03:03 AM

Yup, when the turbo spools up, get a pretty good shudder when getting into it from a stop or a slooowww speed.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Mercury
i have cjcustom traction bars on my truck... prevents wrap up nicely

Central Jersey Customs - Custom Truck and Car Alterations and Customizing

kenny
Old 11-10-2008, 09:49 AM

I have 5 inch icon rear leaf springs and stock f350 blocks and have absolutely no shutter at take off. I have a one pice driveshaft though. it doesnt get any driveline vibration or bouncing.

it either hooks and goes hard or spins tires and then goes. Never bounces up and down or anything. That is why I am debating thr need for traction bars. I dotn want ot jeopardise my ride and don't drag race my truck.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnysteals View Post
I have 5 inch icon rear leaf springs and stock f350 blocks and have absolutely no shutter at take off. I have a one pice driveshaft though. it doesnt get any driveline vibration or bouncing.

it either hooks and goes hard or spins tires and then goes. Never bounces up and down or anything. That is why I am debating thr need for traction bars. I dotn want ot jeopardise my ride and don't drag race my truck.
Let me tell ya - i am prolly one of the worst people when it comes to not loosing ride quality. When joe made the bars for me he said let me know if there is any degraded ride quality or offroadability.

I off road my truck as well.

I will say i did not loose any drivability - i actually gained some - the tires hook up and grab much better then before... its like i was loosing power by making the springs bend up before.

And offroad, I tried a few times and there has never been a problem. Joe @ cjcustoms uses a spherical bushing so you can get 360 degrees of rotation out of each bar - this is important for us offroaders.

the videos are really crappy... but ill bet if you do the same test in your truck you will see axle wrap

YouTube - merc45's Channel

kenny
Old 11-10-2008, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
Let me tell ya - i am prolly one of the worst people when it comes to not loosing ride quality. When joe made the bars for me he said let me know if there is any degraded ride quality or offroadability.

I off road my truck as well.

I will say i did not loose any drivability - i actually gained some - the tires hook up and grab much better then before... its like i was loosing power by making the springs bend up before.

And offroad, I tried a few times and there has never been a problem. Joe @ cjcustoms uses a spherical bushing so you can get 360 degrees of rotation out of each bar - this is important for us offroaders.

the videos are really crappy... but ill bet if you do the same test in your truck you will see axle wrap

YouTube - merc45's Channel

kenny
Yea I know all the benefits of the traction bars. I just can't justify spending money on them at the present moment. I will ahve to check out that youtube video when I get home. Work has it filtered.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Yea I know all the benefits of the traction bars. I just can't justify spending money on them at the present moment. I will ahve to check out that youtube video when I get home. Work has it filtered.
I did not think i needed the traction bars either.... till i got them.... now all my trucks till i die will get them.

made a huge difference...

i used to never be able to burn out before now i can... all that enegry was going into making the spring wrap up - what a waste

kenny
Old 11-10-2008, 11:24 AM

well I am the burn out king then lol. I can basically burnout any time I please. Maybe my aftermarket rear springs help me limit the axle wrap. All I know is I did a 4 wheel drive burnout saturday night and it was sick lol. 2wd I can easily break my tires loose. I know I will eventually either buy them or make my own. I am just trying not to spend money for a while. I might try and make my own though
Old 11-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
well I am the burn out king then lol. I can basically burnout any time I please. Maybe my aftermarket rear springs help me limit the axle wrap. All I know is I did a 4 wheel drive burnout saturday night and it was sick lol. 2wd I can easily break my tires loose. I know I will eventually either buy them or make my own. I am just trying not to spend money for a while. I might try and make my own though
I only got the 5.4 but i want a diesel

Joe @ CJcustoms design is one of a kind - if you make your own be careful if you weld to the axle tube... diff fluid goes through there!

kenny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.