MITUSA Fuel System - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2014, 10:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MITUSA Fuel System

Hey guys,

Just picked up the truck in my sig a week ago after driving a duramax for 5 years so I have been in the diesel world for a little while but always wanted a ford. After having the Dmax stolen and broken into multiple times, the front end falling apart, and beating the **** out of it on ranch roads I decided to retire it and go for a Ford. Im in the dallas area so when my truck popped up on Craigslist I couldn't resist. So far I love the truck and hope to drive it for years to come. However like most I have the itch to start modding and would love some advice from those with experience working on these trucks. First and foremost I want to upgrade the fuel system to prevent an undo stress when I start playing with bigger tunes. On my duramax I ran the MITUSA belt driven lift pump and loved it as it held rail pressure on any tune I ran and made no noise. I kept the MITUSA intending to sell it but now that I am back in a diesel I wanted to see if anyone here has modified a MITUSA fuel system to work on a ford as they are not offered for Fords. Or if anyone has any insight as to why this system would not work on my truck I would love to hear it. Heres the link to the website for the MITUSA.

Learn more about our high performance diesel products!

I plan to email Opie as well and ask his opinion but thought I would throw this out there in case I find a way to make this work and anyone else wants to follow suit.

On another note, I plan to keep this truck balanced between reliability and performance but I would like to hear some suggestions from guys on DD race tunes for the 6.0 as the SCT canned tunes are not anything special. I know I can search the board for this and intend to do my research but it never hurts to ask.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2014, 10:20 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
has it had the 6.0 work over? (link in my sig)
Old 02-27-2014, 10:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Haven't had the chance to install gauges but that's on my list of things to do. But the EGR is deleted, studs are in, gaskets replaced, and I believe the oil system was updated. I need to get a complete list of the work done because I bought the truck with these mods done already. Do I need to do the coolant filtration system even though the EGR is deleted?

On a side note, my truck gets a little lope going after cold starting. Is this something to be concerned about? It's fine once warmed up but when i go to start it up in the morning it kinda chugs until it gets warm
Old 02-27-2014, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

The EGR delete will keep the EGR cooler being ruptured and resulting head gasket issues out of the picture. However you can still have the oil cooler clog up as a result of junk in the cooling system so a coolant filter isn't a bad idea.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

I don't know jack about the MITUSA fuel system but the Dmax and the 6.0 fuel systems and injection system are entirely different animals. There are lots of threads on fuel system upgrades from adding a 6.4 pump to the stock system to complete replacement systems built around an Areomotive or Fuelab pump.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:26 PM
Premium Member

For the fuel system, the stock pump works very well until you start to push more tuned power. The MITUSA pump could work as a lift pump, to feed the stock pump, but after all the routing and plumbing, it probably isn't worth the effort. As you may already know, the 6.0 is not a common rail and the high pressure fuel is created by the oil system and the injector itself. It needs 55 psi of fuel at the head to work properly.

The cold start lope is most often a result of stiction in the spool valves, usually caused by long oil changes and sludge forming varnish creating drag or sticky injector spools. Using a 5w40 synthetic oil will help, but you may need to try RevX or Archoil to see if that helps. If it doesn't (which is usually the case) you can mechanically clean them by following the process in my sig. Welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.