Question bout dragging a 6.0? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-07-2008, 10:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 456
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question bout dragging a 6.0?

I would like to run my truck at the drag Sunday since it is the last one of the year. I have an SCT running Spartan tunes with mods in sig, plan on getting Innovative around the first of the year. I am wanting to know since my guages won't be here till next Tuesday, how hot will the Hybird Race tune get in an 1/8th? And would it hurt to make one pass on an 1/8th just to see what my truck will run, even though I have no guages yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 11-07-2008, 10:26 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 3,196
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Do it, Just to be safe, Let your truck idle for 10 mins or so after. Let the turbo cool a bit


You will be fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 11-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Drain Oregon
Posts: 2,341
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy650 View Post
I would like to run my truck at the drag Sunday since it is the last one of the year. I have an SCT running Spartan tunes with mods in sig, plan on getting Innovative around the first of the year. I am wanting to know since my guages won't be here till next Tuesday, how hot will the Hybird Race tune get in an 1/8th? And would it hurt to make one pass on an 1/8th just to see what my truck will run, even though I have no guages yet?
A new 6.0 is $15,000 they tell me. Your call
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 11-07-2008, 11:23 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Negley, OH and Morgantown, WV
Posts: 1,634
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jhaddox
in an 1/8 mile you should be fine. mine gets around the limit on the 1/4 mile
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 11-07-2008, 11:36 AM
Let's Run'em


 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 17,661
Thanks: 3
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanH View Post
Do it, Just to be safe, Let your truck idle for 10 mins or so after. Let the turbo cool a bit


You will be fine.
You'll be fine like Bryan said, a couple seconds of high EGT's aren't going to hurt, but make sure you control the tree so that way your not sitting there spooled up, on the converter, letting you EGT's climb.....thats the only problem I see with it. And I also second the letting it cool down after each run before you shut her off
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 11-07-2008, 12:21 PM
The Lady Mod


 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 8,511
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Granny
You should be fine in the 1/8. I agree with the others, let your truck cool down and not sitting there on the line too long. Good luck on the strip. Be sure and let us know how you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 11-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 774
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well i drove my truck up a hill for 15 miles at 40 MPH and I was on the floor stock at full load 3000RPM, never got any heat problem, If you ruin you truck in 1/8 Miles you surely have the wrong tuner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 11-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 3,196
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboStroker View Post
You'll be fine like Bryan said, a couple seconds of high EGT's aren't going to hurt, but make sure you control the tree so that way your not sitting there spooled up, on the converter, letting you EGT's climb.....thats the only problem I see with it. And I also second the letting it cool down after each run before you shut her off
Very good point
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors