Barder stage 1.5 or 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2014, 09:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Barder stage 1.5 or 2

It's time for me to get a new turbo. Is anyone running the barder stage 1.5 because that's what I'd rather get but all I have seen is reviews on the stage 2. Just wondering if anyone has any opinions on the stage 1.5
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2014, 10:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I've had my stage 2 for a little over a week. It's kick ***. Customer service was great. Give them a call tell him what you got and what you want to do. He will take care of you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 02-24-2014, 11:15 AM
Premium Member

Stock injectors run stage one, 155 or 175 with stock nozzles run a 1.5, 155-175 with 30% over nozzles run stg 2.

Stg 1.5 is basically a billet wheeled pmax. I never liked my pmax much (because of lag and less low end) until I run bigger sticks. But I hear a 1.5 with a ported manifold is a good setup with stock injectors. I plan to run 190 30's with my stg2 but I'll have supporting mods like an IC, ported manifold, and stg #1 cam.

IMO of course. Hope this helps
Old 02-24-2014, 11:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsky4 View Post
Stock injectors run stage one, 155 or 175 with stock nozzles run a 1.5, 155-175 with 30% over nozzles run stg 2.

Stg 1.5 is basically a billet wheeled pmax. I never liked my pmax much (because of lag and less low end) until I run bigger sticks. But I hear a 1.5 with a ported manifold is a good setup with stock injectors. I plan to run 190 30's with my stg2 but I'll have supporting mods like an IC, ported manifold, and stg #1 cam.

IMO of course. Hope this helps
I've read where numerous ppl are running barder stage 2 with stock injectors are loving it but I don't plan on running big enough injectors for the stage 2. Biggest I'll go later down the road is 155/30 or 175 stock nozzles. So I was figuring the stage 1.5 would work well for now. Plus I know a good amount of ppl that like there powermax with stock injectors
Old 02-24-2014, 12:03 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
First off, your truck looks great! In my opinion, I would go with a "stage 2" from Barder or a similar turbo from KC. You say now, that you will never go bigger injectors than XX size, but from experience you will want to. If you get the stage 2, you could run up to a 175/75 or even a 190/xx possibly. It will be cheaper in the end for you. The stage 2, also works well with stock sticks so I do not think you will be dissapointed!
WLDHRSE likes this.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:42 PM

I'm running stock sticks. Stage 2 and love it. Later I may go with 155's. Just be sure to get tunes to support the turbo.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by william_ace View Post
First off, your truck looks great! In my opinion, I would go with a "stage 2" from Barder or a similar turbo from KC. You say now, that you will never go bigger injectors than XX size, but from experience you will want to. If you get the stage 2, you could run up to a 175/75 or even a 190/xx possibly. It will be cheaper in the end for you. The stage 2, also works well with stock sticks so I do not think you will be dissapointed!
I was just saying I'm not going to go to big for the fact I use my truck for work towing boats quite often. Not anything to heavy but still am towing stuff here and there.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast6.0 View Post
I'm running stock sticks. Stage 2 and love it. Later I may go with 155's. Just be sure to get tunes to support the turbo.

Who's tunes are you running with your stage 2 and you ever tow. Spool pretty good with stock sticks?
Old 02-24-2014, 12:55 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksuperduty View Post
I've read where numerous ppl are running barder stage 2 with stock injectors are loving it but I don't plan on running big enough injectors for the stage 2. Biggest I'll go later down the road is 155/30 or 175 stock nozzles. So I was figuring the stage 1.5 would work well for now. Plus I know a good amount of ppl that like there powermax with stock injectors
Haha, opinions are like a$$holes everyones got one, I shared mine. even if you didn't like it. your welcome.

Heres another one, if your going bigger injectors, don't f#$% around and get a stge 2. If you plan on staying stock injectors your best bet will be a stg 1 because you will lose driveablity, low end and probably mileage with a bigger turbo. Even if you know a guy who liked his stock sticks with a pmax...

If I planned on staying with stock sticks I'd get a ported manifold before a larger turbo, reason being, nice egt drop/more power without driveability lost. And possibly cheaper depending on the route taken.

FWIW,most people wont admit that they did a mod and weren't really happy.

IMO of course

PS. if you want opinions on the stg 1.5 ask if there are any people running a pmax with a billet wheel, you'll have more responses. That's what I was running and didn't like it with stock sticks. Next question to ask yourself is are you ever actually going to get bigger sticks?

ttyl
Old 02-24-2014, 12:58 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You can tow, and tow HEAVY with a stage 2 and 175/xx. There are a few around here who tow full weight with that combo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.