4 inch downpipe question and band clamp - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
4 inch downpipe question and band clamp

my 4 inch downpipe is rubbing on the trucks body and the courner of the transmission. It is a 4 inch alumized no name brand downpipe. I have two options; take the downpipe out and beat the crap out of where it hits. I believe it is not seating correctly on the turbo as well. My other option is to use the 3.5 downpipe I have(non name brand) and order a cat delete pipe. I don't know what company cat delete pipe to order as well. This would reduce my 4 inch downpipe to a 3.5 downpipe and shoudl give me the clearance so my downpipe dont rub anymore.

The badclamp that holds my turbo on is twisted. I believe my downpipe is not seated righted right on my turbo. I want to buy a new bandclamp and new bolt and nut. Does anyone have the partnumbers for these parts so I can order them. ow much are they, etc. Also how bad is it to be driving around with a downpipe that is not seated on my turbo all the way. Could this melt anything or cause damage. What do you guys think I should do. Scrap the 4 inch downpipe and use the 3.5 and order the muffler delete pipe. The 4 inch downpipe is crap and I hate it. What 3.5 inch cat delete pipe should I order. Also I am driving my truck 50-75 miles a day and will be driving my truck daily from wensday on. I will hpefully be switching my exhaust next weekend. You can hear the downpipe vibrating in the cab when the body flexes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2008, 02:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to 03f250stroke
well me and nate both have a 3.5.

all i hear is nothing but bad news about the 4". beat the crap out of it where it hits and see what happens.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03f250stroke View Post
well me and nate both have a 3.5.

all i hear is nothing but bad news about the 4". beat the crap out of it where it hits and see what happens.
I alredy beat the downpipe like a red headed step child and it still hits. It hits under hard acceleration or when the truck flexes its suspension. I have a brand new 3.5 inch downpipe in my shop but I would have to pull my entire exhasut off to install it. i would need to find a muffler delete pipe as well.

Does anyone know a 3.5 inch cat delete pipe/test pie that had the cat flange and uses 4 inch pipe. The rest of my exhast is 4 inch. I just sent kyle at xdp an email.

Do you think this will hurt anything driving around with the exhasut that hitting and I dont think the turbo band clamp is seated correctly either
Old 11-01-2008, 03:23 PM

you would hear is hissing out from the turbo if it was leaking, or it you free rev it in park it would blow some soot out the from back there.

i have a 3.5 dp and then a 3.5 cat delete pipe. i dont think they make a 4" cat delete pipe with the flanges.

idk how your kit is but you dont have to pull everything on mine to get the dp out or off
Old 11-01-2008, 03:39 PM

It has no soot anywhere. I checked but the flange just dont look right.

Anyway I was talking about using my 3.5 down pipe buying a 3.5 inch cat delete pipe Would I then have to buy a 3.5 inch to 4 inch adapter to mate to my rest of exhasut or does the 3.5 inch cat delete use 3.5 inch pipe or 4 inch pipe. I want to ditch my 4 inch downpipe.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:40 PM

ohh i see what your saying..no you wont..check this out. this is where i got my cat delete pipe from:

T & J's Diesel Performance Home Page

he doesnt have it on the site anymore but call him up..cool guy, i got mine delete pipe from here..55 bucks to my door
Old 11-02-2008, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03f250stroke View Post
ohh i see what your saying..no you wont..check this out. this is where i got my cat delete pipe from:

T & J's Diesel Performance Home Page

he doesnt have it on the site anymore but call him up..cool guy, i got mine delete pipe from here..55 bucks to my door
they r not there now. Will call tommorow. Hope to get this done this weekend
Old 11-03-2008, 06:37 AM

kyle at xdp cat delete pipe needs adapters.

That link you sent me he hasn't called me back yet.

Anyone know a 3.5 inlet cat delete pipe that will work with my 4 inch exhasut without using adapters
Old 11-03-2008, 07:14 AM

EVAN you bastard they no longer make the cat delete pipe. I am coming to toms river to get that one off your truck. My options are to either get soem geenric cat delete pipe and rip up an 3.5 to 4 inch adapter.

Or beat the hell out of my 4 inch and not buy anything. I think i am going to go this route. It is going to cost me 100 plus for a 3.5 inch cat delete kit with all the clamps and all. In my sleep I congured up using a my c-clamp that attaches to my inpact gun to compress the exhaust pipe where it is makign contact with the transmission. I really dont care if it rubs inn the bidy because honest I never see it. If I get it to stop hitting the transmssion I will be much happier.

Ultimately the only true fix is rip out this piece of crap exhaust and get a nice dual exhast lol. to bad my bank account is in such a pitiful state lol. maybe some cougar could adopt me or nate lmao. I may have to enter that free candy van at atco now evan lol

I think these people may carry it. My search continues
Pinnacle Performance Diesel Exhaust Systems

Last edited by jonnysteals; 11-03-2008 at 07:23 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:00 PM

wow are you serious, i talked to that guy a few months back about it. that sucks. yeah i knew that like the mbrp doesnt work. but why not buy it and then reweld it and make it work. do work son
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.