Finally Drove My Truck - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2014, 07:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Finally Drove My Truck

This last round of mods I did a complete fuel system including a sump, AN10 lines, A1000 pump, Driven regulated return and dual CAT filters. It also got Warren 190/100 injectors. I ran the RCD 68mm Powermax with a BMW and also installed an AFE cold side CAC tube. The trucks been running a while but i had to replace the gear set in the rear diff untill I finish my Dana 80 build. Got it all done and the only problem that I ran into was a faulty fuel shut off valve. I bought one of those fancy anodized Earls ball valves and the damn thing leaks ever so slightly.

Anyway, I had Eric at Innovative write a new tune today he had it over to me in 2 hours and actually it was perfect for how much I drove it. I was worried about the truck being a hot smokey mess but its not to bad. The truck sits at about 825 cruising which isnt great but it is better than what I thought it wouold be for running big nozzles. The turbo seems to light pretty quick and hits 35PSI when the converter is locked but in all honesty I got a little nervous hitting the giggle pedal because i am nervous about my trans which is still currently stock. My plans are to build it this year but we'll see how it goes.

All in all very happy with how it went dreams of being able to tow with this setup may not happen unless he can pull some serious fuel from it. I have been driving a 78 f250 with a 351 modified for 3 months but this thing feels super fast! what I want to know is when did diesel fuel go up to $4.50 a gallon?... What a bunch of bull! One final note is that this turbo absolutely screems but I do miss the loud whistle of my old 03 turbo...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2014, 08:45 PM
RollinEarly05...now

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Congrats on getting your truck back together. Just out of curiosity did you have the blocked checked for flatness? Seeing that you truck has recived 4 different head gasket jobs makes me wonder it something is seriously outa wack for you. Hopefully this is your last time for doing this job for long, long time! Was your goal to be able to tow with this set up before you had started the tear down? I bet fuel can be pulled to allow you to tow anything below 10k with little problems.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:53 PM
smoke=cool=little kid

I'd suggest getting a tow tune. I went from my full fuel(68mm an 190/100) to a town tune an wow... I went from 750-775 egts cruising at 65mph down to 625-700egts cruising. Max egts at wot are 1150-1200 and my truck weighs 8500 on the dot with no driver. I believe! You can tow! You can do it! Lol I'm towing 8k this weekend. I'll keep updates with what I get for results
Old 02-20-2014, 01:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollinEarly99 View Post
Congrats on getting your truck back together. Just out of curiosity did you have the blocked checked for flatness? Seeing that you truck has recived 4 different head gasket jobs makes me wonder it something is seriously outa wack for you. Hopefully this is your last time for doing this job for long, long time! Was your goal to be able to tow with this set up before you had started the tear down? I bet fuel can be pulled to allow you to tow anything below 10k with little problems.
I didnt pull the heads this last round, but I did them last year and oddly enough they are holding still after about 25,000 miles. My heads were warped but I just put them back on and I imagine the block is as well but who knows. I did retorque them though last time after 100 miles or so.

My intentions with this build was more power but I do sometimes tow with it as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.