SRL!!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2014, 06:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SRL!!!!

Ordered the srl tune from Matt last Thursday and he got me the tune later that night! very impressed with his service!! but anyways what kind of break in period is recommended? I've seen 20-50 miles... full tank? what do you recommend or what has Matt recommended? I drove the truck pretty easy for the first +/-30 miles but trans seemed to shift a little rough when down shifting after easing into it at highways speeds? I know the shifts are supposed to be firm but these felt a tad but more then firm otherwise the shifting is great. any input would be greatly appreciated

thank
zach
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2014, 06:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Actually in order for the tranny to "relearn" these tuning companies recommend doing your own break in. I think they involve 0-60 at different throttles several times.

I found a link from Spartan. I think this applies to all of our tuned trucks with electronic trannies but I'm not sure. But for the most part it will relearn itself. After a tank or two it will shift smooth as can be.

TCM Relearn Process [Archive] - Spartan Diesel Tech Support Forums
Old 02-17-2014, 07:11 PM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zjbennett94 View Post
Ordered the srl tune from Matt last Thursday and he got me the tune later that night! very impressed with his service!! but anyways what kind of break in period is recommended? I've seen 20-50 miles... full tank? what do you recommend or what has Matt recommended? I drove the truck pretty easy for the first +/-30 miles but trans seemed to shift a little rough when down shifting after easing into it at highways speeds? I know the shifts are supposed to be firm but these felt a tad but more then firm otherwise the shifting is great. any input would be greatly appreciated

thank
zach
I have the same kind of shifting with my Wildman street tune. Have been running the tune for about two weeks. It seems to shift smoother (but firm) when under more throttle. I typically drive like grandma to, in theory, get better mileage, but it seems the tune doesn't like that as much. Under moderate to heavy throttle she shifts firm, smooth, and fast.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:17 PM

i just got my srl tune not too long ago and i experience the same thing and has gotten a little better but i feel you....
Old 02-17-2014, 09:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Recently got the srl tune really made my pmax spool a lot better I really like gearhead tunes so far great shifting too
HP MACHINE likes this.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:38 PM
Premium Member

My SRL was plug and play! This was a very nice switch from the IDP tunes that shifted hard and couldn't find OD. No, it wasn't the transmission because the SRL tunes were spot on from the initial load, same transmission.

Karl and his 2003 Souper Doody
HP MACHINE likes this.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:19 AM
Premium Member

I can put whatever I want on my 04' and nothing runs and shifts (overall) like SRL+.
I have a library of tunes (daily driver / perf.) and they all react differently , but I can
go rite back to SRL+ and immediately drive like normal .
It produces pretty good mileage and when combined with PHP ficm A 40 it is awesome.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

don't get me wrong it shift great but sometimes it will jerk you a tad usually in 5 and give it some throttle shifts down to forth and it's a little more then firm.. still believe my tranny is learning tho.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:24 AM

it's going to be firm... it's a race tune. and firm shifts (as long as they aren't overly harsh and are timed correctly) are better for the transmission than slow sluggish shifts

I think his shifting is spot on
Old 02-18-2014, 07:29 AM

u can also adjust sifting even on a custom tune by adjusting preferences
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
6.0, srl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.