efi live for a 6.0 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By twoicebergs
  • 1 Post By MrOneEyedBoh

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2014, 12:56 PM
smoke=cool=little kid

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
efi live for a 6.0

Yes! I thought I've heard everything until last night. Some previous 6.0 owner(who now owns a dodge 24v that is "eating fords an ****ting chevys" an probably had a 14 second 0-60mph video) whom I don't know, said his 770hp/1320tq with an ATS 5000 turbo, 400 HP industrial injection injectors, banks intercooler and PIPING(lol) an stage 5 ATS trans w/f3 converter had EFI live, it was an 08 duramax efi live tuner put on a 04 6.0, now I don't claim to be a genius, but is the theoretically possible due to our PC M's not being a Bosch ecm? I know theguy was a total moron, odawg714 will 100% back me up on this, but its physically impossible yes? I decided to humor the idea an could not find a single post of actual info.

That aside we got in a light argument because he decided to start **** talking an I tried to genuinely give good advice an info but he was not having it. I won't disclose on all that but it was quite a good laugh. Then he deleted our comments of course because I feel he was totally wrong an didn't want others seeing his contradiction of an argument.

Now with that said, I think we all learned a valuable lesson today, first off... 770hp on a single turbo? Really... secondly an ATS turbo? Really... an last off, 400hp injectors! Lmao with efi live! I couldn't stop laughing. But in all reality if any can disclose of any info or thoughts of a gm efi live tuner being any what some compatible, aside from being able to plug into the obd2 port, please tell me. An I'll gladly tell him I take back all i said. This is not a hating post, its a legit efi live post so people on the org can see what kind of actual products don't work an work. Due to some seriously smart people who will disclose why efi live isn't possible andhow the claims he made weren't remotely close to factual. Hope y'all enjoyed it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2014, 01:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
wow good read on this one for sure... id love to know if this is possible, as i thought there is no such thing in actual live tuning a 6.0
Old 02-16-2014, 01:33 PM
smoke=cool=little kid

We live tune a 6.0 an put it on an SCT tune through live tuning. Lol. But ya, idk if efi live would be a good or bad thing. Because idk enough to adjust all parameters to get a healthy, clean running, safe, powerful truck. I'd mess it up. Lol, I wonder if a 7.3 computer can handle a reflash with 6.0 parameters and accept the 6.0 TCM, we could then run a 6 pos. Chip an have the trans file be the same so it doesn't get effected. An have the tow/haul control different line pressure as usual. If you have a manual trans you can have power on the fly, look at bully dog so we know its "possible" to an extent
Old 02-16-2014, 01:35 PM

It would be awesome to have EFI Live on a 6.0. I am pretty sure he was full of BS on most of it. 700hp on a single is possible but I highly doubt he was even remotely close. He probably just has a tuner so he can blow some smoke!!!
Old 02-16-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCjake View Post
We live tune a 6.0 an put it on an SCT tune through live tuning. Lol. But ya, idk if efi live would be a good or bad thing. Because idk enough to adjust all parameters to get a healthy, clean running, safe, powerful truck. I'd mess it up. Lol, I wonder if a 7.3 computer can handle a reflash with 6.0 parameters and accept the 6.0 TCM, we could then run a 6 pos. Chip an have the trans file be the same so it doesn't get effected. An have the tow/haul control different line pressure as usual. If you have a manual trans you can have power on the fly, look at bully dog so we know its "possible" to an extent
I do wonder what the inputs and outputs are for a GM computer compared to the 6.0? It might be possible to do but you might need additional sensors or whatever. Just a thought I had...
Old 02-16-2014, 03:27 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
There is no EFI Live for Ford, and no you cannot install efi live from a Chevy to a Ford.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:18 PM
Premium Member

It possibly could happen, but it is unlikely as the coders have moved on to other projects. The data-logging was happening (7 years ago?), but it died in the field about the same time as the HGs were blowing. Maybe it was too difficult or even unattainable due to the processor design or if the software keys were not available. This truck really did remain in the Dark Ages (maybe still is) for a long time!
Stiles likes this.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
You cant live tune a 6.0 because of the way the tunes have to be uploaded. Now you can live tune but you're still loading up one tune at a time AFTER the tuner/shop tweaks the tunes on the dyno. Thats the extent of a live tune for our trucks..
Stiles likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrOneEyedBoh For This Useful Post:
Stiles (03-05-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.