Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Has anyone else experienced this

755 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Stlavsa 
#1 ·
Okay guys, so I have an 07 6.0 That I've been using IDP extreme Street tune on now for a a while i've been wanting a different sound out of the truck I have had no muffler on it for a a while now so I just decided to do a cat delete and love the way it sounds. However immediately I noticed a loss of power IDP says that is impossible I should gain some power if anything with lower EGT of course. All of my friends that are running tunes on their 6.0 with out a cat did the cat delete first I returned my truck to stock the other day and have been running around for a couple days without any tunes loaded and decided last night to put the tune back in it don't know if it's in my head but truck feels like it gained the power back am I crazy or has anyone else experienced this.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#2 ·
The butt dyno is almost never accurate since your head starts to come into play too much. Simple answer is a before and after dyno on the same dyno. Assuming you didn't do a before, just chaulk it up to you being crazy and call it a day.

Reactions: JGman141
#3 ·
Thanks man, that's pretty much what innovative said. however quick tricks automotive suggested returning it to stock and driving it for a while and that the ECM would learn the new ebp values and adjust to it and then reinstall the tune after it adjusts. Not sure if adjustments are really made or not I was hoping someone who knew how the system worked could tell me for sure. Thanks again.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.