How much HP do yall think I have? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

User Tag List

2Likes
  • 2 Post By ODAWG714

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 02-10-2014, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How much HP do yall think I have?

My goal is to be between 450 and 500 range for now but im currently in college so funds are vwry limited. I was just wondering how far away yall think I am, I dont have much done besides a 5inch straight pipe, egr delete, intake, and sct with truck source. I plan to get studs as soon as I have enough saved.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #2 of 5 Old 02-10-2014, 05:57 PM
Making ported intakes

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'd do studs for insurance. A Barder stage2 and a ported intake manifold will put you in your goal area. I'd also do a regulated return to help feed fuel to the rear cylinders. Once you have these you will have a very fun clean truck!
bondajb and Merc82 like this.

Oliver
6.0/6.4 Ported intake manifolds, turbos, air intakes, fuel systems and much much more!!!!
ODAWGS DIESEL PERFORMANCE
WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING
post #3 of 5 Old 02-10-2014, 06:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I agree on the Stage 2 turbos. They are great turbos and a good size to give you awesome spool but a big power gain too.

05 F250 FX4 Lariat, SCT Livewire, 155cc injectors, Gryphon FICM tuner, ARP studs, MTW Stage 2 Turbo, Riff Raff boots, Warren Built trans, PMF traction bars ,4 inch straight pipe, Sinister EGR delete, S&B CAI, N-fab bars, level kit, 5% limo tint, 35 Toyos and 20s, Recon smoked everything, Harley headlights, 5k HID's, Camlocker toolbox, lots more
post #4 of 5 Old 02-10-2014, 06:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
There is a decent number of trucks that will hit 450 - 500 rwhp on just SCT tuning and FICM tuning. Not all trucks will hit this, but a lot do.

I run the Madmax by MTW and have had great luck / numbers out of it. On fuel only my truck has danced around the 500 hp mark depending on who is running the dyno.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

PowerHungryPerformance -- Jay@PHPtune.com
Comments or opinions expressed by me do not necessarily represent the views of PHP, its management, nor its employees. PHP is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by me.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-11-2014, 06:38 PM
Real Men of Genius

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatham036 View Post
There is a decent number of trucks that will hit 450 - 500 rwhp on just SCT tuning and FICM tuning. Not all trucks will hit this, but a lot do.

I run the Madmax by MTW and have had great luck / numbers out of it. On fuel only my truck has danced around the 500 hp mark depending on who is running the dyno.
Agreed. Jay and I dynoed this past weekend, and we were both at 500rwhp on stock injectors. If you want 450-500, you're going to have to have studs. And with studs comes headwork. Do your research, and start saving.

Another thing you may want to look into, since you mentioned being on a budget, is a company called Dyno-Proven. The owner, Johnathan, was telling us this past weekend that they're making great headway on tuning for the 6.0 - they're almost capable of making 500rwhp on stock injectors and stock turbo. Not sure what all is involved, but ECM and FICM tuning are an obvious. That's 500rwhp fuel only.

Chris | 2005 F-250 RCSB | "Ranger - Turbo Diesel V8"
CED Compounds - Conventionals - Supporting Mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode