regulated return - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2014, 12:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
regulated return

hey guys I have a question about my 6.0 fuel system. performance wise I don't think I need a regulated return system for my truck but I was wondering if you could plum up something where its not a dead head system. I want to install the blue spring kit and the 6.4 banjo bolts. Any info would help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2014, 02:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Check out the driven diesel setup, I think it's the best one out there. Plenty of guys build there own, lots of threads on it. I think it's important for healthy injectors as much as performance.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
There is no way to do a return off the back of the heads without a regulator. You have to have something there to keep the pressure up. The dead head system actually works pretty well. My fuel system is regulated before the heads like the stock setup but after the heads I essentially have a remote dead head with a second pressure gauge there. There is no difference in pressure in front of the heads or after them.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:53 AM
N.S.D.Q.

For stock trucks feeding the injectors clean, water free, air free fuel at the right pressure is the most important thing. Consider starting at the source of the fuel first for spending good money. A blue spring kit should cover you up top for now. Add a gauge to see what the whole system is doing.
JGman141 likes this.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thanks for the info I'm going to put a fuel presure gauge on to see what I'm getting now then do the blue spring/banjo bolt stuff after. when taxes come in what size air dog would you'll suggest?
Old 02-12-2014, 06:47 AM
Super Moderator

Putting any Airdog on your truck would be the biggest mistake you could make in a fuel system mod. Just do a search. They just won't hold up on our trucks and Pure Flow has known it for years. Just ask any of us who went through multiple failures and problems.
ODAWG714 and 6 L chevy eater like this.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:13 AM
Making ported intakes

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
Putting any Airdog on your truck would be the biggest mistake you could make in a fuel system mod. Just do a search. They just won't hold up on our trucks and Pure Flow has known it for years. Just ask any of us who went through multiple failures and problems.
I agree with Mitch here. The airdog2 has more failures than I can count. On the other hand I have an airdog 150 since 2010 and no issues to date. No clue why

But with all the new stuff out on the market with fuel lab and aeromotive I'd honestly try getting one of those. Truck source diesel has these I believe.

Also dale a sr ford tech on here has write ups and information for 6.7 fuel pumps that may benefit your needs
Old 02-12-2014, 07:33 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAWG714 View Post
The airdog2 has more failures than I can count. On the other hand I have an airdog 150 since 2010 and no issues to date. No clue why...
I too have had an Airdog 150 on my truck for over two years without a single hick-up. I agree that the Airdog 2/165 is a POS and while Pure Flow has known it and not addressed it is unsatisfactory, but the Airdog 100/150s have been proven to be pretty much bullet proof in my experience.
ODAWG714 likes this.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:23 AM

I have run air dog 2 & Fass lift pumps and had troubles with both. I now run an A1000 pump with fuel/water Sep filters and filter base from NAPA. Not a single prob with it. Holds psi extremely well also under WOT
Old 02-12-2014, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 L chevy eater View Post
I have run air dog 2 & Fass lift pumps and had troubles with both. I now run an A1000 pump with fuel/water Sep filters and filter base from NAPA. Not a single prob with it. Holds psi extremely well also under WOT
This is what I did as well. An A1000 with napa bases and CAT filters. But to answer your question... I think that you can run a healthy stock fuel system and never have a problem with injectors up 175's and I heard even 190's but I personally had it work well with my old 175's. I ran the stock fuel system for 100k and never lost an injector and just think of the 1000's of trucks out there running it with no problems. If you have stock injectors... it is my "opinion" to keep fresh factory Motorcraft filters in it and run it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.