Mishimoto radiator, transmission fitting??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2014, 07:32 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy Mishimoto radiator, transmission fitting???

Got the new mishimoto radiator install, went to hook up the transmission lines and the fittings on the new radiator are different than what's on the factory radiator, trans oil cooler. The trans line went right in but the o-rings are squeezing out of one of drivers side connection. Can the o-rings be left off since these coolers are welded in place. Help me out please, working my but off to my beast back up and going.

Thanks,

Paul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2014, 05:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Last I knew nothing was needed. Thought it should be a direct swap with nothing needed
Old 02-07-2014, 06:20 AM
Premium Member

It is a direct swap, just don't like the orings squeezing out. The mishimoto radiator fittings aren't chamfered for the the orings and there web site said to put Teflon tape on the treads. So should be good to go. Will take them back off and Teflon the fittings. Since the cooler is welded into the radiator and not a separate piece like it is in the stock radiator should be ok with out the orings.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:52 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootcamp View Post
It is a direct swap, just don't like the orings squeezing out. The mishimoto radiator fittings aren't chamfered for the the orings and there web site said to put Teflon tape on the treads. So should be good to go. Will take them back off and Teflon the fittings. Since the cooler is welded into the radiator and not a separate piece like it is in the stock radiator should be ok with out the orings.
Hey guys,

For installation please remove the factory o-rings and use Teflon tape on the threads of the transmission fittings. This will ensure a proper, leak free seal.

Additionally we are revising this radiator design to be more user friendly and provide improved fitment for all transmission fittings.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mishimoto For This Useful Post:
bootcamp (02-10-2014), Heavy_GD (02-25-2014)
Old 02-10-2014, 07:19 PM
Premium Member

The orings are still there, but I did put Teflon on the threads, no leaks at this time and all is good. Hate to touch it just to remove the orings, my luck it would start leaking and not stop
Old 02-11-2014, 06:20 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootcamp View Post
The orings are still there, but I did put Teflon on the threads, no leaks at this time and all is good. Hate to touch it just to remove the orings, my luck it would start leaking and not stop
That should work just fine!
Old 02-22-2014, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post
Hey guys,

For installation please remove the factory o-rings and use Teflon tape on the threads of the transmission fittings. This will ensure a proper, leak free seal.

Additionally we are revising this radiator design to be more user friendly and provide improved fitment for all transmission fittings.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks
I dont suppose this revision is available now,as Im lookiing to order one this week.Was also wondering if the radiator can be ordered in black like the intercoolers?Thanks
Old 02-25-2014, 07:08 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1NastySS View Post
I dont suppose this revision is available now,as Im lookiing to order one this week.Was also wondering if the radiator can be ordered in black like the intercoolers?Thanks
Unfortunately the revised product is not yet available. We do not currently have a timeline for the release but it will likely be a few months. The existing radiator still functions correctly, we just recognized a minor flaw and are working to mend the issue.

This radiator is currently only available in a polished aluminum finish. We have been receiving a substantial number of requests lately for black radiators. Thanks for the recommendation, we certainly take customer feedback seriously. I will check with our team and see if this is something we want to bring into our lineup.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:30 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
How many rows does the Mishimoto rad have?
Old 02-25-2014, 01:41 PM

Thanks for replying,gonna order one this week.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1NastySS For This Useful Post:
SHOOTER22250 (02-27-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.