Tips for my 06' F250? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2008, 04:13 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tips for my 06' F250?

I'm looking for some advice with my truck...

I have a 06' F250 King Ranch, 8" lift, 37" tires, full banks 4" exhaust w/o cat, AFE intake, and a superchips tuner. I also have an edge juice with attitude coming.

I drove the truck across country before the upgrades and got around 17.4 MPG for the entire trip. Now I get roughly 12-15 mpg after the lift and tires.

What are some upgrades I could use to help my fuel economy? Fuel return systems? Torque converter?

What are some precautionary services I should have done to the truck? Engine? Transmission service? EGR? Injector recommendations??

Also, has anyone stacked their superchips tuner with the edge juice? I don't plan on burning up my engine and tranny, so I was wondering if it was even safe to run them both lightly?

I have quite a bit invested in this truck already and I would love for it to run a long time! Thanks for any advice!

Last edited by metstroke06; 10-31-2008 at 04:42 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2008, 04:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Ditch the Superchips and the Edge. They will put an end to a very good tranny real quick. Get an SCT with custom tunes. They will give the best mileage with the most and safest power available.
Welcome to the site bud. VERY nice rig.
Dave
Old 10-21-2008, 04:29 PM

X2^^ On the Sct, I run one and get 17-19mpg, Power is outrageous. I have also heard guy's getting better MPG's running synthetic oils
You also mentioned the EGR, You can clean it, Or do an EGR delete.
As far as the stacking question, I do not see how that could be beneficial with 2ea tuners. I would highly recommend changing that direction to, Selling both and buying a live wire(SCT) This way you are getting the best tuner on the market, Being kind to your tranny, Have the ability to play with different custom tunes, And are getting the best MPG's available.

Hopefully that was helpful
Old 10-21-2008, 04:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlonno View Post
Ditch the Superchips and the Edge. They will put an end to a very good tranny real quick. Get an SCT with custom tunes. They will give the best mileage with the most and safest power available.
Welcome to the site bud. VERY nice rig.
Dave
i have an 03 f250 9 inch lift 37 tires on 20s i have a diablo predator and also and edge juice smoked my clutch twice third time i replaced it with a south bend clutch kit and dual mass delete to solid flywheel.
i run the diablo on 60 hp and the egde on 115 all the time before lift and tires i got about 19 mpg after lift and tires i get about 12-14 with chips maxed out and without them i get crap mileage like 8-10 so i do get better with chips on.. i welded egr valve shut and have an egr delete on truck i made
afe stage 3 intake 5inch turbo back exhaust no cat and if ya know the 03"s shes whistles like a damm jet taking off!!! im trying to figure out how to post pics still.... good luck with truck though !
Old 10-21-2008, 04:37 PM
back to business

Just stopin in to say

Oh!!! And get yourself an SCT w/ custom tunes And don't forget gauges too!
Old 10-21-2008, 04:44 PM

how are you calculating the mpg's? also i heard with the bigger tires it throws your speedo off so would your miles be off also for calculating?
Old 10-21-2008, 06:03 PM
Premium Member

I measure the MPG based on my truck's computer speedo. I did wonder if that could be off even though I programmed my tire size in my computer? If so, than obviously I'm getting better gas mileage, although with the frequency between fillups, I'd say its relatively close.

As for the edge, I was going to have 4 wheel parts instal that next week, should I really cancel this installation? Is it possible to sell my flashpaq tuner and go with the SCT? I was really going with the edge for the digital gauges, than someone said try the programmer with it, so I bought it. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metstroke06 View Post
I measure the MPG based on my truck's computer speedo. I did wonder if that could be off even though I programmed my tire size in my computer? If so, than obviously I'm getting better gas mileage, although with the frequency between fillups, I'd say its relatively close.

As for the edge, I was going to have 4 wheel parts instal that next week, should I really cancel this installation? Is it possible to sell my flashpaq tuner and go with the SCT? I was really going with the edge for the digital gauges, than someone said try the programmer with it, so I bought it. Thanks for the help.
SCT has a livewire which has digital gauge, Problem solved..
Old 10-21-2008, 06:14 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Cancel it and call innovative and get an SCT!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Premium Member

cool I'll go with an SCT. so whats next in upgrades?!:burnout
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.