THE REAL STORY BEHIND THE KID THAT WANTS A LOPE TUNE - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2014, 10:17 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
THE REAL STORY BEHIND THE KID THAT WANTS A LOPE TUNE

The lope tune kid happens to be my son. Unfortunately he got a little ahead of himself. Like some teenage boys, he wants to jump right in and do stupid crap that he sees on the internet or things his friends deem "cool". I want to clarify one thing. I did buy him the truck. Why? He's an A student, he works hard for some of the local farmers and won't accept a dime. He does it for the experience as he's interested in going to college and getting a degree in agriculture. He also works hard at his sport which is motocross and has done well nationally. The last reason is because I can. Unlike my generation who wanted muscle cars, the kids out here in farm country want diesel pickups. I try to feed his interest in mechanics as best I can. He knows a ton about motorcycle mechanics but as you could tell by his post he is illiterate when it comes to diesel mechanics. If he's guilty of anything, its of being super excited and uninformed. Trust me when I tell you, nothing will be done to this truck that will harm its reliability because daddy aint paying for a blown motor. Anything he wants done to this truck will be well thought out and paid for at least in part by his labor to earn some of the money to pay for it as well as his own labor to install it under my watchful eye. He does have the advantage of having a father who was a mechanic for many years and now runs a car dealer. I will admit however that I am sorely lacking knowledge in the diesel department. Now, he's not a troll, he's not a spoiled brat and he's not trying to bring the EPA down on all of us LOL. He and I would appreciate any knowledge that this well informed and experienced bunch of folks could pass on to this young man and I thank you all in advance for any help given in the future. If his questions or comments are off base please try to set him straight as I will be doing the same to steer him in the right direction.

Thanks again,

LOPES DAD
crashtest22, Heavy_GD and Stiles like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jmandelke86 For This Useful Post:
crashtest22 (02-04-2014), hucorey (02-04-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2014, 11:25 PM
smoke=cool=little kid

Hey, I know a bunch of people went way off topic an out of no where all started talking about rolling coal, wasn't relevant what so ever. I tried answering as well did gear head to the best our knowledge about lope tunes an actual lope idle.

I would suggest looking at bullet proofing the truck to further the longevity. Stay away from performance cause being a kid an showing off, all it takes is a programmer an a full fuel tune an he has a really powerful truck that can get out of control real quick. I'd say bulletproof your motor, get a custom tow tune so it doesn't smoke, maybe intake an exhaust, blue spring, an he will have a really stout truck. It will sound like a jet at idle, an make some sweet rumble towards 2300+ rpm which will be more than. Enough "to show off" if need be. Smoke is lame, inform him that smoke is actually destroying your truck. It clogs the veins in the turbo an is excessive heat an heat is a 6.0 killer! Best of luck!

P.s. car dealer??? If you come across any f250/350 regular cab long bed 44 6.0 keep me informed lol
Old 02-01-2014, 11:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Head studs, EGR delete, SCT with Custom tunes, Edge CTS for monitoring, MBRP 5" Turbo Back exhaust (I prefer straight piped) and an S&B intake and your son will have a very reliable and fun truck, as well as having the best sounding one around! Let me know if you are interested in and S&B intake for the 6.0 as I have the one I took off my truck and was only used a few thousand miles.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:59 AM
RollinEarly05...now

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmandelke86 View Post
LOPES DAD
At least you have a good sense of humor about it!
The Following User Says Thank You to RollinEarly99 For This Useful Post:
hucorey (02-04-2014)
Old 02-02-2014, 03:23 AM
N.S.D.Q.

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Well that's funny right there. Tell him if he's got some thick skin to get back on here. We will help keep him down the right path.
Stiles likes this.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:00 AM

Tell your son we are sorry for jumpin on him. But please pass on this advice, try not to us the words, roal coal,stacks or lope tune's....It kinda like walking into a guard dog training center and yelling sick'em boy! Somebody's gonna get bit. These guys thought they had a troll cornered and were ready to sick'em.
Stiles likes this.
Old 02-02-2014, 06:09 AM

No harm no foul. You're a good father, and it seems like you've got a good son to match. Welcome aboard to both of you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Stiles likes this.
Old 02-02-2014, 06:44 AM

Good post, I didnt even read the other post as I knew it would be a firing squad. Yes its best for him to bulletproof the truck so when its neccessary to have "spirited" driving bursts, he wont break it. These guys are good people and help each other out. Have him ask some good questions that will benefit the longevity of his truck and make more power and he will get lots of help.
Stiles likes this.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:01 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
agreed to all the sentiments above.
Stiles likes this.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:10 AM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
What's wrong with stacks?!?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rattlesnake18 For This Useful Post:
Amfw119 (02-02-2014), hucorey (02-04-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.