Need advise for major upgrades to truck... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need advise for major upgrades to truck...

Ive got some cash burning a hole in my pocket and the stock market stinks, and so does everything else...soo im just going to invest it in my truck and actually enjoy my truck....

First of all does anybody know anybody in ohio or neighboring states that does good diesel performance upgrades....ive found a guy up in columbia station ohio that does diesel performance stuff, but I wanna do price checking and such, that and i dont know much about the guy other than he quoted me doing head studs, egr blockoff and turbo cleaning for about 2 grand.....pretty good price in my mind...., he also seems to know how do do more and is eager.....

I still have some cash to toss around so im looking to do more than just maintenance and fixing the heads, turbo and egr issues inherent in these engines....so whats the best bang for my buck.....injectors, fuel pump, turbo, intercooler, tranny upgrades.....etc...... I use the truck as a daily driver do some towing and pull with it at truck pulls and occasionally race a little pos ricer just to show imports have no business messing w/ an american truck

My truck is an 05 cc psd auto trans, engine mods: sct X3 by DJ, zoodad, 4" turbo back exhaust, intake, and edge insight guage display.....it has a 4" rancho lift w/ 35x12.50R18 Cooper Discoverer STT's w/ about 40,000 miles.....

Please note the truck has not broken yet, but the turbo is starting to stick and my egr I feel is starting to go (slow loss of coolant over time and white smoke on startup....could be heads tho...), the truck is starting to puke more on WOT...I feel that it is time to do this stuff preventative instead of breaking sh!t at the most inopportune moment...I know some folks have opinions to wait to do this stuff but I have already decided to do it now....my warranty is already pretty much voided so I dont even care to try that route.....

Any advice, prices, brands, models, shops, etc.... would be great in helping me decide what to do...if any sponsors wanna do a quote id be gald to check out what youve got!!!!.....im located in northern ohio zip 44890....oh and if your local ive got plenty of beer for advise!!!!

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!
Andy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2008, 06:26 PM

the guy who built my truck and my other trucks lives about 1 and a half hours from the ohio border. hes a very smart guy and knows his fords. does great work and great labor prices. if your interested, pm me and ill set up contact info with him. ps quick turn around too if hes not swamped. btw the name of his shop is hallas performance.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:25 PM

back up to the top....thanks for the info jamstoyz!!!!
Old 10-18-2008, 06:29 PM

not going to stop your truck mod idea.......but if you got some cash, toss it into the market. You'll get it back many times over. then you can do way more truck mods, you'd just have to wait. not as fun though.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghawg98 View Post
not going to stop your truck mod idea.......but if you got some cash, toss it into the market. You'll get it back many times over. then you can do way more truck mods, you'd just have to wait. not as fun though.
I agree 1000000% Now is the time

NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW. I can not say this enough.

Your truck is already pretty nice, Pay yourself now.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:56 PM

You know, One of Bill's Bumpers would look killer on your truck, If he can color match. That brush guard just does not do your truck justice.

Good luck

P.S- Just so you don't think i'm an @**h**e. I have the same brush guard.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:04 PM

One more thing, If you do his front bumper, The power AMP steps would go good with that look, But I would not recommend them with your current look.

Your current look is like mine USEFUL!. I tow daily, Am on ranch land with brush and limbs, Haul the kids around ect. But if you went with a sporty off road look/bumper. No steps visible would look good.

No step visible??? Can one say that?
Old 10-19-2008, 04:59 AM
Serving Our Country!

You could always throw some ARP studs in the motor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.