More fuel system upgrades... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2014, 08:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
More fuel system upgrades...

while planning my build and gathering parts, I would like to set my self up for a solid fuel system that will support any future upgrades. So this is my idea, please voice your opinions and thoughts....

Beans Diesel sump w/ 1/2"line --> spin on filter base with either a CAT or Deere filter water separator --> 6.7 pump --> spin on CAT or Deere 2 micron final filter --> engine --> RR --> Tank

I see that a lot of guys are picking up on adding the 6.4 or 6.7 pump inline feeding the factory 6.0 pump. However, can a 6.7 pump be used as the Primary pump and eliminate the factory pump? or would this cause some problems?

I would like to eliminate the factory filter base and regulator... what all needs to be done to ensure that this is done properly and that I am distributing fuel correctly to my heads?

I want this to be a clean and well done install. like I mentioned earlier, this should have no problem supporting any future mods I might make. don't hold back, let me know.....and pictures will be very helpful....
Thanks guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2014, 09:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Does any one have opinions or tips ?
Old 01-28-2014, 12:59 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The 6.7 pump hasn't been tested yet on a 6.0. It's only been bench tested. Here is a copy/paste from Dale's thread on the 6.7 pump.

3) I have done testing already on the pump and water separator and I can tell you this it flat out removes water. I took a 5 gallon bucket added 1 qt of water to 5 gallons of diesel fuel and transferred from 1 bucket to another. The end result was very unexpected to say the least!!!!.... none of the water transferred to the bucket instead it was all trapped in the water separator and what it couldn't hold was dumped back into first bucket simulating the tank so yes I had return and suction in one bucket and the same in the other. I hope that makes since as I tried to simulate the fuel system as whole. I did more testing with this than I did with the 6.4l helper pump that has turned out to be very successful indeed. I really should start my own performance shop!!!!

4) I will get all prices for everything and update them here Monday

5) The 6.7l pump is considered a low pressure pump on a 6.7l as it supllies 2 fuel systems on the 6.7l. It supplies the common rail pump and the injectors to keep them wet if the cp-3 fails to it has to move a lot of fuel. it supplies the 6.7l with 3 times the fuel it actually needs. Through 2-1/2 0.50mm lines and the return is actually 0.47 mm not then 1/2 inch.

The pump looks to be a good candidate for deleting the 6.0 HFCM all together, his test showed that it's a good water separator and the 6.7 pump holds a filter like the 6.0, so it looks like you wouldn't need a separate water separator or fuel filters.

It's just been way too cold to do the install and testing yet, we don't have a heated garage to work in.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-28-2014, 04:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have a sump runnin to an A1000>a filter base with water sep and filter from napa. Like 45$ I think. And I still have factory fuel filter under hood.

An A1000 support any injector u can throw in a 6.0L hope this will help u decide on a pump. There reasonably priced also

Last edited by 6 L chevy eater; 01-28-2014 at 04:30 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I know that a lot of guys like the A1000 but I think it would be nice to run a factory ford pump...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.