BPD Water pump + fan stator removal = awesome - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2014, 06:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
BPD Water pump + fan stator removal = awesome

Ive had the BPD water pump sitting on my bench in my shop for a couple weeks. Finally found some time today to install it. Also helped there was no snow on the roads. Ever since I bought my Wrangler, the truck has become driveway queen during crappy weather. I hate salt, and people cant drive!

Ive never removed the fan stator for anything before, so this was a first for me.
Thanks to Lilpooh for his water pump write up, and Tuscany for his words on the trans cooler lines. Both were a big help.

It really is a shame that it is completely hidden. Its a piece of quality machining. Love their products.

And wouldnt you know it, it started snowing when I was ready to leave. Just my luck.

It really is crazy how much more room you have in the engine bay when you ditch the stator. Glad to chuck that thing in the dumpster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2014, 06:41 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Did you notice any difference in coolant temps or fan clutch engaugement? My guess would be no...ive spoken with a few others that have done that...id be very curious to see if theres any difference while towing. Im sure some engineer somewhere spent hours and hours designing that stator lol...then again the same could be said about the egr cooler too. Im sure theres no issues unloaded...espcially when its cold enough to snow out...but i wonder if that might cause the fan to engage more often when under a heavy load in the middle of summer at low vehicle speeds.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:53 PM

See this thread:
Prepping for a 3000 mile round trip- did I get it all??

I will find out soon enough.
The boat I am towing down is 4000lbs, trailer is about 1000lbs, plus two guys in the truck, plus sh!t ton of fishing tackle. Probably 1000lbs of gear and extra tools parts etc.

And if nothing else, this setup will be tested this summer.
By April 15th, my truck pretty much stays hooked to a trailer towing boats all over.
I frequently tow my boat 100-500 mile round trip during the summer when the the fish are biting.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:08 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My stator is off as well and have been in 100+ degree temps and could not see a difference in engine temps. I agree, taking that stator off is a wise thing to do for clearing up the engine bay.... Changing a belt is a breeze now
JUGERNAUT and huck2080 like this.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:13 PM

I've had the BPD water pump for a couple years. Temps don't change. The only big thing with the BPD pump is its fins. The stock fins are plastic and can wear and break off. Other than that there is no other improvement.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:44 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
All you guys who are ditching your stators send me the bolts that attach it to the engine! i'll put them to good use on trucks that are missing bolts. You can't get these unless you buy a new stator and it irrates the hell out of me.

I have seen a few now that eat up fan clutch wiring from a broken or missing stator. It's one piece, while it can be a nuisance, I wouldn't remove completely.
ZIKA and JUGERNAUT like this.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:29 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
^^^ of course the fan clutch wiring is less of an issue if you ditch the fan clutch and go to electric fans lol.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:47 PM

My fan stator has been removed or a very long time. Never had an issue with the wiring! What kind of issues can you have?
Old 01-26-2014, 06:58 PM

the fan can cut the wire... I know lol it happened to me. Luckily I was able to save it as it just cut the molex plug connector and not the harness part to the stator, i spliced in a new plug and was good to go. I repositioned the wire so this wont happen again.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:19 PM
Premium Member

Ive towed heavy with the stator out and I live in the muggy south, no issues with temp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.