2 HFCM's... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2008, 05:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2 HFCM's...

here's a cheap way to get your FP up..

fuel pressure, with a strong tune on my truck, will drop to 10 psi and can't recover until i lift..i put on an ITP RR kit and it would still drop out...i got a really good deal on a brand new HFCM and changed it out, thinking my old one was weak..still the same..

figured i'll give 2 pumps a try...bigger supply lines won't hurt either..

made a cheesy bracket with some DP that i had laying around and mounted my old HFCM to it..

mouted this in the frame rail and ran some bigger hard line to the front and rear...a little hose for the terminations to the pump..

i figured a better pickup tube wouldn't hurt, so i dropped the tank and made a "bulkhead" out of more crap...the stock pickup location on my Excursion tank wasn't in a bad spot, just small..i mounted my new pickup right next to the stock one..

the lockring for the pickup plate didn't want to go on easily after sitting in the sun..a BF clamp worked great to spin it on..

ran a little hose from the top of the tank and jacked it back up...tied everything together in the rear..

as of now the stock system is still 100% intact so i started the truck..no problems so far..i hot wired the new rear pump to make sure it could pull through the new pickup and got fuel..

next thing to do was to disconnect the stock supply line from the front pump and tie in the second pump..hot wired it and no leaks...pressure was good..finished up the wiring using the factory pump for coil voltage to a relay for the second pump..

now for the road test...got out and under hard accelaration where i could previously kill the fuel pressure, i couldn't get it below 58 PSI...my RR is set at 62 now...i didn't expect it to work this well...i was just hoping to keep it above 40...i'm a happy mofo..my frankenfuel BS worked..

cool thing about this is if i have a problem, the stock supply lines are still intact and i can reconnect it to the front pump in less than 5 minutes...

this isn't for guys with AM injectors...i have stockers and just needed a little help..when i do go bigger, i have the lines/pickup in place so a real pump won't be hard to install...this is great for us guys with just a tuner...ask your friends who are putting in FASS systems for their old pump..you can get this done for about $100 in parts after you get the pump..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2008, 05:20 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

i dont see a problem with that , ive heard of that being done before on a few 7.3 trucks , dont see why not on a 6.0, as far as i know it will work,
Old 10-12-2008, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUFFY828 View Post
i dont see a problem with that , ive heard of that being done before on a few 7.3 trucks , dont see why not on a 6.0, as far as i know it will work,
it was a 7.3 guy that got me thinking about it...i had the extra pump so i figured i'd try...it works fantastic!!!
Old 10-13-2008, 05:50 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Great write up, William. Something else to consider...
Old 10-13-2008, 06:09 AM

I love the DIY stuff! How much would that cost to buy a kit? That is why I started the DIY this and that thread. So people can find info on cool inexspensive tricks in one place. It would be nice to have a catagory on the main page for a DIY section. Nicely done write up. The bigger pick up tube is cool did you put a filter on it in the tank?
Old 10-14-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szyd View Post
The bigger pick up tube is cool did you put a filter on it in the tank?
no filter...the pick up is pretty close to the bottom and that looked fine..the stock pickup didn't have anything on it's screen....i was really surprised how clean the inside of my tank was after 75K miles...now that i've said that, i'll probably get a load of Cheetos in there on my next fill up..

i'm goin to the track Friday and i'll post results from that...i don't expect a power gain...just peace of mind from more stable pressure...so far, so good..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.