Small Mouth Intake Elbow - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2008, 02:09 PM
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Small Mouth Intake Elbow

Is a large or small mouth intake elbow worth the money? How much HP/TQ does this add or does it just help keep the EGT down? If it helps what is the prefered name that everybody runs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2008, 02:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERED SPARKLESS View Post
Is a large or small mouth intake elbow worth the money? How much HP/TQ does this add or does it just help keep the EGT down? If it helps what is the prefered name that everybody runs?
Lowers EGTs helps spool up. looks nice works great.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:33 AM
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber123316 View Post
Lowers EGTs helps spool up. looks nice works great.
How could it help spool? Fresh air as already passed the trubo. They just allow less restristion before dumping into the intake manifold. They thing is they just about the same as my stock on that I had to drill a hole for the bost psi.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:59 AM

bump because i was interested in this. I think banks intercooler includes the big mouth kit with the intercooler purchase. I was wondering how munch it will lower my egt's.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERED SPARKLESS View Post
How could it help spool? Fresh air as already passed the trubo. They just allow less restristion before dumping into the intake manifold. They thing is they just about the same as my stock on that I had to drill a hole for the bost psi.
you said it yourself, they allow less restriction before dumping in the intake so in other words it will spool faster.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The Banks Intercooler comes with the Banks elbow not a CFM+. I just installed a CFM+ Largemouth with the pipe kit and it doesn't fit with my Airaid airbox. I understand it won't fit with an AFE and I suspect the S&B and others as well. I have some ideas I'm going to try but since my air filter is now inside the engine compartment and not getting nice cold air from my zoodad mod my IAT2's are running 15 to 20 degrees warmer. I can't tell any seat of the pants performance difference.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:15 PM
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
The Banks Intercooler comes with the Banks elbow not a CFM+. I just installed a CFM+ Largemouth with the pipe kit and it doesn't fit with my Airaid airbox. I understand it won't fit with an AFE and I suspect the S&B and others as well. I have some ideas I'm going to try but since my air filter is now inside the engine compartment and not getting nice cold air from my zoodad mod my IAT2's are running 15 to 20 degrees warmer. I can't tell any seat of the pants performance difference.
After seeing this kit hands on, (not on my truck) I think it will fit with the S&B intake setup. Don't quote me but it looks like the new pipe will fit.

I just want to know if its worth the money?? I do plan on getting studs and EGR system delete in the near future. (Scuffy stand by) And power gains that everyone wants after they get rid of the 6.0 blues.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:43 PM

i have heard of some guys polishing the stock one and getting the same out of an aftermarket one not sure about that though. but if you dont spend alot i would say that it would be working the money.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:10 PM

the large mouths are good for the major hp diesels. i just get a small mouth that ways it comes predrill and tapped for you and you dont have to drill and tap into the factory one to put your boost sensor in.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:21 PM

I just installed an accufab small mouth yesterday.
Can't realy see a difference but it's nice to have the boost hook up port. Accufab claims 9 extra hp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.