Edge Evolution? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 05:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Justinlw
Edge Evolution?

I may be looking into one of these for guages and a little added power with the new injectors. Mainly just for gauges. Any pros or cons with this tuner?

I know SCT is the way to go, so please no posts persuading me to get another SCT. I just want a little extra on the fly, not interested in custom tuning right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Emergency Services

Send a message via AIM to Fireman5606
If you mainly want guages..get the edge insight..Love mine..course I have another source for the get up and gone
Old 10-09-2008, 06:01 PM
My 6OH Hates Me

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
it is good for guages. Not good on your tranny. I had one before the tuner I have now. If you are not going to really be beating on your rig you will probably be fine with it. good luck
Old 10-09-2008, 06:01 PM
SMOKE ROLLER

The evolution is just like the SCT, the attitude is shift on the fly, and the insight is for monitoring only (no power added)...
Old 10-09-2008, 06:02 PM

I'm installing stage 1's which should get me close to a strong economy tune power wise, I think the Evo's extra 100hp over stock might be plenty for when I feel like playing. And the level 1 is 15 over stock which would help out with the tranny and around town driving. Anyone out there run one of these?
Old 10-09-2008, 06:04 PM

I saw a few evos that were the monitor on the dash type, and a few that were handheld boxes. Is this right? The one's on ebay come with a pillar mount.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:05 PM
SMOKE ROLLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman5606 View Post
If you mainly want guages..get the edge insight..Love mine..course I have another source for the get up and gone
DITTO, JUST WHAT HE SAID!!!
Old 10-10-2008, 07:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

There were two versions, Evolution and Evolution II. The newer version Evo II is what you want with the gauges, dash mount, etc. We have these in stock and can ship today, give me a call if you have any questions.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinlw View Post
I'm installing stage 1's which should get me close to a strong economy tune power wise, I think the Evo's extra 100hp over stock might be plenty for when I feel like playing. And the level 1 is 15 over stock which would help out with the tranny and around town driving. Anyone out there run one of these?
so your installing stage 1's and your gonna go with an out of the box tuner that is not meant to tune stage 1's?

im sorry but that is pretty dumb.... your gonna spend how much on a evo 2? your truck will not run correctly because the evo's tuning is for stock injectors.... not only that be the trans tuning isnt that great on it anyways....

the torqueshift trans is a great trans and will hold a lot of HP but only with the right tuning.. and unfortunately the edge is not the right tuner for that....

your already gonna be spending your hard earned money on an evo 2... just save a lil more for the custom tunes and the gauges... you wil be way happier because that edge will not tune the stage 1's and your trans correctly...

just my 2cents

-Raul
Old 10-10-2008, 07:49 AM

What with all the harshness? Ok, I'm being stupid. I just don't want the SCT because I know it's impossible for me to keep the race tunes out of it. Trying to grow up here and no one seems to want to help! I'll probably get another xcal, I was just waiting until I got the new turbo. I'll stick with my gauges and wait until then. Thanks for the wake up call Raul.

BTW: The only reason the edge is in question is because a friend was going to give me one for almost nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.