Deployed looking for a good shop when I get back - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Swervin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2014, 07:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Deployed looking for a good shop when I get back

I am currently deployed to Afghanistan and will be back in a month or two and i bought an 04 f250 King Ranch before i left 9 months ago. I want to Bullet Proof the truck and would love to do all the work myself but gotta have that family time when i get back on leave. Im looking for a good shop to do some work headstuds, oil cooler, coolant filter, etc. I have alot of plans for it in the future but being in the army with two young daughters doesnt really free up alot of money. Usually id do it all myself but like i said its family time. The truck is currently in FL and im willing to drive it pretty much anywhere I need to if I ca get the price right for all the work. I just dont know any good shops and ive emailed a few places and they dont care to help out or just dont reply. I want to get the truck more reliable and ready to start making good reliable horsepower that i can have fun with but still tow and work i mean it is a truck and i use at such but like any real man gotta love that power. Ive looked into some injectors 155s or 175s with a powermax or MTW just not sure and i cant afford all that at the moment bullet proofing alone is gonna break me at the moment. Any help or reccomendations anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2014, 07:07 PM
My 6OH Hates Me

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thank you for your service. First Coast Diesel Performance is in Jacksonville.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thank you and the service is no problem gotta make a living some how right. But anyways are they pretty good and are they good on prices because being in the army the pay ain't that great.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Kids don't care what you are doing as long as your doing it as a family. You don't have to take your kids on some expensive vacation. All they reeley want is you. And with you being gone by the time you get back you could wash the dish's with the kids and they will be happy to just be with you.
Take something simple like the coolant filter and include them in the job. If they are too young to be able to read what size a wrench is by the numbers, put a dot of paint on each wrench. If they are older let them do the entire job and just supervise.
Thanks for being over there doin what you are doin. Ive been their and done that and know how much it can suck. You may not believe me now but one day you are gonna look back and miss it.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yea I completely agree this is my second one Iraq the first time this one is much better and safer but I like the idea of the paint on the wrenches. I got two daughter 5&3 and they love to work on the truck with dad and get dirty. I know ill Deffinetley miss this when it's done it's a great experience and a feelin of pride. I love what I do that's for sure. I appreciate all the support and help y'all have provide and advice. Y'all have a great day and god bless.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:33 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Thank you so much for serving our country and protecting this country, my family and I greatly appreciate you and all of the serving military!

Old 01-17-2014, 08:33 PM

Take care brother!
Old 01-17-2014, 08:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thank y'all all the support is nice. And thank you to those of you have served and currently serving. It's people like all of y'all that make me proud to do hat I do and make this country great and of corse love for trucks as well lol.

mts678 and JGman141 like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Swervin For This Useful Post:
kinnisoj (01-17-2014)
Old 01-17-2014, 10:42 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to 2004strokerJeremy
Thank you for serving this great nation. God bless America. Roll coal

Old 01-18-2014, 01:16 AM

Thanks for your service. I know a couple of good people in the Tampa area. Very reasonable prices, too. Shoot me a PM and I can get you in touch with them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.