Edge Evolution or Power Pup Programmer? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2008, 03:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Edge Evolution or Power Pup Programmer?

I have an 05' F350 with the 6.0 Powerstroke. I have an Edge Evolution programmer and a Power Pup programmer. My question is which one is most preffered or recommended? The Edge has the heads up display already built in but the Power pup needs the outlook monitor to see the stats. They both are very good programmers but I ony need one. My other option is to sell both and purchase a Bully Dog PMT programmer. I mostly tow my 34' Travel trailer with my truck, but I also enjoy switching over to the performance or extreme mode to get some extra ponies when I want to play. The Bully Dog seems to have an advantage over the Edge because I can tow in performance mode and still pull my trailer. Any suggestions and or advice would be appreciated. Thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2008, 03:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Neither!

i say sell both and do yourself a favor and get yourself a custom tuned SCT X3 with innovative tuning....

neither of those will come close to the power and MPG the custom tunes will give you...

i notice your new so welcome to the Org... do a search for SCT and you will find out that 99% of the people run the SCT with custom tunes on their 6.0L

X3 starts at 429.00

dont forget about gauges... you will need boost, pyro and trans

-Raul
Old 10-05-2008, 03:59 PM
The Lady Mod

Send a message via Yahoo to Granny
I agree with Raul 100%! The SCT is the tuner of choice for the 6.0L. It is a much better tuner for the motor and the tranny. Custom tuning is the way to go, as well. No other tuner even comes close in comparison to the SCT. You will not be disappointed, that I can promise you 100%! Oh btw WELCOME TO THE ORG!
Old 10-05-2008, 04:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

SCT programmers

So who do I contact about these SCT programmers? Do they offer tow, performance and extreme modes? Thanks
Old 10-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapgame View Post
So who do I contact about these SCT programmers? Do they offer tow, performance and extreme modes? Thanks
this is what you want because you need gauges too: Stealth Automotive. SCT X3 Custom Innovative Diesel Tunning/ Gauge Combo Kit

if you want an extreme tune just add it to the drop down menu... its an additional 80.00

with the extreme tune you will be in the 400+ HP range to the wheels

forgot to add that you should consider getting an exhaust to try and keep your EGT's down

-Raul
Old 10-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hey thanks Raul. Thats very helpful information. I do plan on an aftermarket exhaust and cold air intake. I used to have a 00' 7.3 and put a few mods on it and learned early on to install those 3 items (exhaust/intake/programmer) at the same time to avoid any catastrophes... Great site BTW.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Hey thanks Raul. Thats very helpful information. I do plan on an aftermarket exhaust and cold air intake. I used to have a 00' 7.3 and put a few mods on it and learned early on to install those 3 items (exhaust/intake/programmer) at the same time to avoid any catastrophes... Great site BTW.
thanks bud...

hey i would suggest to keep the stock intake... it will flow more than enough air.... but if you really want to change it i would highly suggest the S&B intake....
Old 10-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

So Raul, or any other experienced diesel truck enthusiasts, I am really interested in the programmer. What else would you recommend? Like I mentioned I mostly use the 6.0 for towing (lots of hills around my hometown) so I am looking for additional HP/torque and of course inproved mileage. I have 70K on my 05' and plan on keeping it for at least 5 years so any additional investments to extend the life of the tranny and engine would be appreciated. I don't mind dropping a couple grand into aftermarket products including a future 4" lift with 35's and air bags. Thanxxxxx again..
Old 10-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
So Raul, or any other experienced diesel truck enthusiasts, I am really interested in the programmer. What else would you recommend? Like I mentioned I mostly use the 6.0 for towing (lots of hills around my hometown) so I am looking for additional HP/torque and of course inproved mileage. I have 70K on my 05' and plan on keeping it for at least 5 years so any additional investments to extend the life of the tranny and engine would be appreciated. I don't mind dropping a couple grand into aftermarket products including a future 4" lift with 35's and air bags. Thanxxxxx again..
well in that case... get some headstuds.. that way you can safely run any tunes... even an extreme tune... you dont need to do anything the trans.. with this proper tuning it can easily handle up to 500hp...

so do this...

gauges
exhaust
SCT
headstuds
might as well do an intake

that will do for now....

let me know if you have any other questions

-Raul
Old 10-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
EGR Delete and ARP Head studs when the time comes... That should keep the 6.0 running strong for years to come
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.