Flo~Pro 5" Stainless turbo-back - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2008, 09:19 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Flo~Pro 5" Stainless turbo-back

I helped Tyler (POWERED SPARKLESS) put on the Flo~Pro exhaust we ordered him. It's a turbo back stainless kit with a 4" downpipe and 6" polished stainless tip. That thing sounds mean. At WOT it has more of a deep big block style rumble than my Duramax does (my turbo whistle does overpower alot though). Not sure if the SCT tuners can tune the turbo vane position as much as we can with EFI Live but told him to contact his tuner and see if they could command the turbo to run wide open vanes at idle so that it would get rid of the hiss and have a nice deep rumble. This is what I do on the Duramax's to make the VVT trucks sound like an LB7 at idle and it works well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2008, 09:03 AM
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD

I haven't contacted Eric and Innovative yet to ask him about this, but does anyone else have any idea.

At idle the sound is almost like a vacume not the jet sound everybody loves.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:23 AM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Your truck is an 04 so it could have either 12 or 15 exhaust vanes in it. This is dependent upon build date and fords service records. The 10 vane turbo from 2003 is what sounds like the 747.

Dusten - Eric can control the VGT as you stated, but probably doesn't send the files out like that since they're usually created with drag racing, towing or daily driving in mind. Also these 6.0 boys with SCT's don't have the luxury that you and I do of being able to change programs on a switch while driving around
Old 10-06-2008, 09:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 03f250stroke
marty... on the fly is nice for sure..especially with the other trucks 03-04 taking 20 mins to load up a time..the newer trucks are like 60 seconds.

I gotta grab eric and actually do some live tuning..im still runing the same tune he first wrote me
Old 10-06-2008, 12:38 PM

The vane position at idle is a quick change to the tuning and it doesn't affect performance because as soon as you touch the throttle it goes back to where you normally would have it. I only do it at 15mm3 of fuel and less at 800 RPM and less on the DMax's. I have done this tuning on race tunes, tow tunes, DD tunes, economy tunes, ect with no affect on performance - just a nice deep rumbly exhaust note at idle.

Even flashing 5 tunes onto the ECM only takes about a minute on a DMax.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ford's latest flash actually cycles the veins at idle to keep them from sticking, so I'm sure it could be done. Most people probably don't notice it unless they have a straight piped truck and I'm not sure that Eric's tuning doesn't take it out as mine doesn't seem to do it with his X-race, and I know my veins aren't stuck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.