Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

58v ficm tune?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  6.0Beast 
#1 ·
hello i have a 2004 f250 with 140,000 miles it runs great but i am looking to get more power out of it i currently have egr delete, oil cooler upgrade, coolant filter, blue spring upgrade, straight exhaust, and an sct with mpt tunes, also i am getting studs within the next month and plan to get the snow performance stage 2 water/meth injection. I am wanting to get more power so i was wondering if it would be worth getting a 58v ficm with the hercules 100hp tune i did some research and some people say that if you have a programmer you wont notice a difference has anyone tried the ficm tune with a programmer? also my ficm is working good for now so if the 58v with a tune wont help much then im not going to get it

#2 ·
If you're talking about the BPD FICM that's a chunk of money if your's is still working. There are other places to spend your money that will give you way more gains per dollar. A upgraded turbo and/or injectors are more expensive but will give you way more gain per dollar.

k

#3 ·
Yeah it's going to be about $700 but I'm willing to spend it if i would be able to tell a difference I don't really want to spend any more than this or I would do injectors

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.