Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

03 turbo on 06!!! ???

2K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  eddie06f350harley 
#1 ·
hey fellas so today i installed my 03 spare turbo on my 06, for that nice whistle, it seemed that the truck ran a little sluggish of the line, maybe because of the less vanes? but then after the boost lag it goes, do you guys think that if i install the wicked wheel for the 03 turbo will it help?, but i don't want it to loose that sexy jet sound:woot: any help would be appreciated!!!!:ford:

#2 ·
you picked up the extra whistle from the turbine side going from a 13 blade to a 10 blade. the 13 blade has less turbo lag but does not flow as well as the 10 blade on the high end flow. there is more options than the wicked wheel, there is MTW (mad turbo werks) and james from barder turbo, do a google search and you will find them. as for the whistle you will only gain not lose any and it will reduce turbo lag. for the 200$ i would say its worth it.

#4 ·
i would give james at barder turbo a shout, great customer service and normally can ship the same day of purchase.

#7 ·
Silver Metal

Here is mine from barder turbo. You don't need a custom tune when changing to a billet wheel.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#9 ·
they are all the same it depends if you get a single plane or dual plane that is the only difference. get one from barder and save some$$$

#12 ·
matt at gearhead and chris b from TSD said its a waste of time. the wheel does the work all by its self.

Reactions: turbotibbo
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.