need gauges fast - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2008, 08:01 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
need gauges fast

does anybody know where the cheapest place to find a 3 pod gauge and gauges
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Cynic

www.totaldieselperformance.com

Tell Tony I said that he's a ding dong.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

gauges

Im looking and the prices are different as night & day.Take your time and look around.Im looking at a control moduel.I don't want a bunch gauges on the window distracting me.The idea of one monator for all my needs is cool.Im woundeing about the mechanical connections though.Since i haven't seen it yet.
Good luck,maybe someone will tell us what they chose and why.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:30 PM

i was using and edge evoII for my gauges but sold it today for 400 and i figured i need to get some gauges but it worked fine for me
Old 09-06-2008, 07:49 AM

and also does the gauge kits come with all the wiring and probes and how hard are they to install....im lookin at thouroughbred diesels kit for 309
Old 09-06-2008, 07:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I bought my autometer triple gauge pod and 3 ultra lite autometer gauges at auto zone. They ordered them for me and they come with everything to hook them up and they will match anyones price. I ened up paying about $200 with tax and all, it helped my buddy worked there but still they will match prices. Install on a 7.3 was pretty easy but i dunno bout a 6.0

Last edited by 06pwrstrokerbullitt; 09-06-2008 at 08:03 AM.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:04 AM
The Screwy HEUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003powerstroke16 View Post
and also does the gauge kits come with all the wiring and probes and how hard are they to install....im lookin at thouroughbred diesels kit for 309
Regular gauges? They're a snap to install. I'm assuming you're looking to install the usual(trans., boost., & pyro). Most gauges like AutoMeter & Issipro all come with everything you need to get 'em going. The toughest gauge to install will be your pyro. For the most accurate reading, I took out my driver's exhaust manifold. Drilled it & tapped it for 1/4" npt. Then you install the thermocouple & just follow the rest of the directions accordingly. Your boost gauge is the easiest. Most boost gauges will come with a T to plumb in the boost line into your MAP sensor line. Don't plumb the T too close to the MAP sensor. & your trans. temp is not hard to install, but you'll have to crawl underneath the truck. On the driver's side of the tranny, above the trans. pan and just behind the bellhousing is the tranny test port. Pull the plug(you might see a drip of ATF) & install the fitting provided in the gauge kit. You'll need a solderless "eye" connector & some 18 or 16ga wire. Crimp the eye connector to one end of the wire & bolt the eye(screw provided with gauge kit)to the fitting in your test port. Run the wire back to the gauge. There's a boot in the firewall you can snake all the wiring/boost line back to the gauges in the cab. Afterwards, the only thing you need to do is tap the wiring for the lights into a wire that's hot when your lights are on. I tapped mine into the dimmer switch for the panel lights. I couldn't tell you what color the wire is, as I heard they vary from year to year. Hope this helps.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:11 AM

oh ok sounds relativly easy but i already have a probe in.... i had the edge evo and put the probe in so i guess i can still use that spot
Old 09-06-2008, 08:19 AM
The Screwy HEUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003powerstroke16 View Post
oh ok sounds relativly easy but i already have a probe in.... i had the edge evo and put the probe in so i guess i can still use that spot
Oh yeah! Sorry, man, I forgot you had already said that. In that case, you're all set as far as your probe!
Old 09-06-2008, 08:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
here you go bud... these autometers will be the cheapest quality gauge kits: Stealth Automotive. Auto Meter Gauge Kits
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.