Replacement Turbo - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2008, 06:54 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Replacement Turbo

I am replacing the turbo, and am looking at the turbotecnics. Has anyone replaced the turbo in their 6.0? Has anyone had any luck with anything else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2008, 07:00 AM
one day at a time

If you're going to switch to a non-vgt replacement, the edge mod. in your signature will be worthless to you. You'll need a custom tuned SCT to make it work. Eric at Innovative is right in your back yard, I'd give him a call.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:09 AM

I had the same question , as far as it not working with the Edge or whatever could you clarify whey that wouild not work ? .........Im a turbo guy from the Buick Grand National Gang and im confused as to how that would be the case
Old 09-05-2008, 09:15 AM
I wanna go fast!!!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Are you going to put larger injectors?
Old 09-05-2008, 05:20 PM

I wansnt planning to myself .....i just was interested in the turbo being more Responsive and more consistant than the stocker .......im trying to sell my truck but if it dosnt go i may do it down the line , lift and some diff tires .
Old 09-05-2008, 05:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

The TN kit comes w/ a bracket that holds the variable vane selanoid closed, That way the truck thinks it is still there, Then custom tunes tune the truck for a coventinal turbo instead of a VV. I would never go back to VV turbo's.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:52 PM

So other than it throwing a code im assuming any issues with it not tuned for that , whats a good turbo to consider for a stock type replacement i was looking at the Turbonetics one and ATS Aurora 3000 . The TN kit im assuming you mean Turbonetics i belive just holds the soliniod to keep it pluged in heres the Install instructions fo anyone whos interested http://home.mchsi.com/~f350/6.0instructionkit.pdf

Last edited by galoush; 09-05-2008 at 06:07 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by galoush View Post
So other than it throwing a code im assuming any issues with it not tuned for that , whats a good turbo to consider for a stock type replacement i was looking at the Turbonetics one and ATS Aurora 3000 . The TN kit im assuming you mean Turbonetics i belive just holds the soliniod to keep it pluged in
I have the exact turbo for sale on here that you need for a modded stock truck, or you could switch the exhaust housing for 190cc injectors. Look up under my sponsor forrums and you will see the thread. it is a ausome deal. I have never heard of any one doing a aroura 3000 on a sick o before. Probably would work good to.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:23 PM

I dont think ill be doing it to soon $$$$ you know , hopefully the truck will sell but if the Vette sells first i may end up doing one down the line , i checked out your turbo decent deal if i had the Funds . Toys i got hard cash i dont ..............

Last edited by galoush; 09-05-2008 at 07:28 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:20 AM

O.K. so I have the new turbonetcis turbo installed and it runs alot better. But it seems to be holding back. Is this why I need to install the SCT. Is the Edge trash now? Can I do the SCT and tuning myself?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.