Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

6.7 L PUMP INSTALL BEGINNING PIC HEAVY

75K views 141 replies 47 participants last post by  02StrokerPower 
#1 ·
1) To start of with Greg and Rich will be involved with this build. We will be starting the build after Christmas and the new year. What I am doing is starting the thread with parts needed for the build so there is no confusion on how it is to be installed and the cost. We will have all the data after the build as to how the pump likes 205/100 and if it can keep up with the large nozzles.

2) The reason I am doing this are many we all know the aftermarket solutions are just plain junk. The problem I've seen with them is if you break down you cannot get parts to fix your truck in a TIMELY manor. These parts can be accrued at any ford dealer :nod:.

3) I have done testing already on the pump and water separator and I can tell you this it flat out removes water. I took a 5 gallon bucket added 1 qt of water to 5 gallons of diesel fuel and transferred from 1 bucket to another. The end result was very unexpected to say the least!!!!.... none of the water transferred to the bucket instead it was all trapped in the water separator and what it couldn't hold was dumped back into first bucket simulating the tank so yes I had return and suction in one bucket and the same in the other. I hope that makes since as I tried to simulate the fuel system as whole. I did more testing with this than I did with the 6.4l helper pump that has turned out to be very successful indeed. I really should start my own performance shop!!!!

4) I will get all prices for everything and update them here Monday

5) The 6.7l pump is considered a low pressure pump on a 6.7l as it supllies 2 fuel systems on the 6.7l. It supplies the common rail pump and the injectors to keep them wet if the cp-3 fails to it has to move a lot of fuel. it supplies the 6.7l with 3 times the fuel it actually needs. Through 2-1/2 0.50mm lines and the return is actually 0.47 mm not then 1/2 inch.

6) Here are the pics and I will have prices updated as I don't have them now.

7) The regulated return is Greg's design that he wanted me to use in this project. Greg is always looking out for others and a great person to know I am honored to have him as a friend. Greg's name on here is '04cr450'

8) Rich also known as the trouble maker 'Lilpooh' does all my machining and makes sure I do things right. He is also a very giving person and i'm also honored to have him as a friend. Both will be highly involved with the install and testing. it will be pic heavy and step by step.

9) here are pics of all parts except 30 amp relay and 14 gauge wire. This hookup will be the same type harness as on airdog and be activated by stock wire from truck and water separator light will hook into same loom keeping everything stock.

This thread will be constantly update with progress reports when we start it. It should take 1 weekend when we start it. I hope you like this and it may be our final fix for a reliable fuel system.

See less See more
#5 ·
Yes he did and he loves it. He just wants to help do this build. We be like pees and carrots man.

#4 ·
Always up to something aren't ya Dale?!?! I'm looking forward to seeing this all unfold.:thumb:

Reactions: JUGERNAUT
#6 ·
in for results.

#10 ·
The return for a 6.7l to the tank is 1/2 inch so this will be 1/2 inch.

#8 ·
Looking forward to this build for sure. Off to a good start bud!

#9 ·
Lets see here, Dale has the project......... Greg supplies the regulated return........... Looks like I get to bring the BEER!!! One for you.....two for me!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#12 ·
Subbed! I love Jugernaut's write ups! And Lilpooh, thanks for the avatar change!!! Really gets you in the holiday mood!!!!!

#14 ·
#13 ·
I'm in; this should be interesting.:popcorn:

#16 ·
Factory pump is a big plus. I will be tearing mine down for studs and updates after the holidays, so I will be paying close attention. Anxious to see how it progresses. This pump should kick azz.

I will have to see if I can find Greg's build with the 6.4 pump to see how he did his also.

Sadly I was happy with my truck with just SCT to monitor before I started reading this forum. Then the SRL tune with a big WOW. Now thinking about turbos and injectors. Just have to keep in mind that the main purpose of the truck is to tow a heavy fifth wheel.

Lilpooh's avatar is a big improvement. Nice.

#18 ·
Sneaky SOB!!! :doh: You sure do live up to your name!!!

#19 ·
How much for just the pump... I was about to pull the trigger on a AD150.. This looks like a better option.. I have a reg return installed already..
Great job guys!!!

#26 ·
Aaron, I believe you can find them used for about 50 bucks!

Reactions: bondajb
#24 ·
^no, but taking off the up-pipe will give you room to get in there and perform the installation.

#25 ·
Subscribing...

#27 ·
Do you have to run a RR with this set up or are you guys just doing it?

Think my stocker is getting weak dropping in the 30's at wot sometimes 20's, otherwise it does fine.

This seems the way to go for a single pump set up. Great job guys.

#29 ·
What? Me out drinking them two light weights, or the pump install!!! LOL!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#32 ·
Dam it Dale... I've just a bout pieced together my 6.4 lift pump set up and you go and do something like this..... :hehe: I can't wait for the end result! :popcorn2:

#33 ·
Dang... 6.4 or 6.7... I am hoping to start early next month. I hope this moves quick.

Also a question. I love all the different options but do we think this would be better than the 6.4 option out there? or just another option

I am going to start getting together my fuel system and need to make a decision

#34 ·
^ Not sure when We are going to start this project. Dale is busy with life, work, etc etc. To your question as to if it is a better option than the 6.4 pump- I have no idea. I can just go off of the results of what my truck's fuel pressure is after the 6.4 install and Dale's fuel system(6.4 pump as well).... I don't think there is anyone else that has the 6.4 pump install? I think for reliability purposes, the 6.4 pump is where its at, as well as the 6.7 pump would be a reliable piece. I don't know about you , but I hate being having to keep crawling under the truck and replace parts that have failed due to the manufacturers faults.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.