What should my next mod be? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2008, 02:37 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What should my next mod be?

I don't post on here too often but am on here just about every day reading away so I can eventually post and give advice when I know what i'm talking about

Anyways, I have a 04 F250 with the following power mods, a magnaflow 4" turbo back, no cat, cfm+ intake elbow, zoodad mod and a x3 running the free spartan hybrid race tune and it moves for a big truck but I still want more out of it so I can have some fun every once and a while. I was thinking of stepping it up to one of the innovate tunes as I read a lot of good things about them on here as well as getting a snow performance methanol injection kit as it should add power, longevity and mpg's but I am still new to the diesel scene and do not know too much so any and all recommendations are welcome. I do not really do any towing but I do plan on plowing in the winter if that matters.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoleshotzPerf View Post
I don't post on here too often but am on here just about every day reading away so I can eventually post and give advice when I know what i'm talking about

Anyways, I have a 04 F250 with the following power mods, a magnaflow 4" turbo back, no cat, cfm+ intake elbow, zoodad mod and a x3 running the free spartan hybrid race tune and it moves for a big truck but I still want more out of it so I can have some fun every once and a while. I was thinking of stepping it up to one of the innovate tunes as I read a lot of good things about them on here as well as getting a snow performance methanol injection kit as it should add power, longevity IS KEY HERE and mpg's but I am still new to the diesel scene and do not know too much so any and all recommendations are welcome. I do not really do any towing but I do plan on plowing in the winter if that matters.

Thanks
I think that is a great idea for your next mod. You know one thing that make our trucks run a bit more powerful is CLEAN Synthetic oil. If your not running it, Maybe look into it. Our injectors a much more temperamental to high flowin clean oil.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:46 PM

Be careful with the water/meth, especially if you plan on running race tunes + meth. I would definitely get head studs before you consider running both together. Now, you'd probably be okay just running the water to lower your EGTs. I've thought about doing that myself.

How much money are you looking to spend? The order I'd go is 1) studs and EGR delete, 2) intercooler, 3) upgraded lift pump like a FASS system, 4) injectors, 5) turbo, and maybe consider throwing in an upgraded trans somewhere in the mix.

The sky is the limit if you've got the cash.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech10002 View Post
Be careful with the water/meth, especially if you plan on running race tunes + meth. I would definitely get head studs before you consider running both together. Now, you'd probably be okay just running the water to lower your EGTs. I've thought about doing that myself.

How much money are you looking to spend? The order I'd go is 1) studs and EGR delete, 2) intercooler, 3) upgraded lift pump like a FASS system, 4) injectors, 5) turbo, and maybe consider throwing in an upgraded trans somewhere in the mix.

I agree, You should see around 20 H.P with water, And lower EGT's. But that is all research and hear/say. I do not run Water/Meth.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:00 PM

Do you have gauges?

If not, you DEFINITELY need gauges.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalRollinRoosterCruiser View Post
Do you have gauges?

If not, you DEFINITELY need gauges.
I only mentioned the power mods.

I have the Edge Insight with EGT probe, leveling kit, dual rancho stabilizer kit, 18" pro comp wheels w/ 33" mickey thompsons, dfuser coolant filter kit, 5000k hid's, 2005 front end, 2005 dash swap w/ upfitters and 2005+ OE brake controller clarion 2 din touchscreen, kenwood components and 12" exceleron slim mount sub and a infinity 5 channel amp.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech10002 View Post

My truck is still under warranty so I was hoping I would be able to get them to cover the labor on the stud job if the factory studs ever go, same goes for the egr. My injectors were also just replaced with new factory ones and injectors cost $$$$$$ so I don't think i could afford that.

I was considering the intercooler but it is a little over budget and I am hearing a lot about the FASS but never really looked into it so dont quite understand what it does.

I was trying to stay under $1000.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoleshotzPerf View Post
My truck is still under warranty so I was hoping I would be able to get them to cover the labor on the stud job if the factory studs (BOLTS) ever go, same goes for the egr. My injectors were also just replaced with new factory ones and injectors cost $$$$$$ so I don't think i could afford that.

I was considering the intercooler but it is a little over budget and I am hearing a lot about the FASS but never really looked into it so dont quite understand what it does.

I was trying to stay under $1000.
It sounds like you have a pretty great set up on your rig. I still like your water/Meth idea
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.