Nitrous? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2008, 10:16 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Nitrous?

Ok i have a buddy that is going to sell me his efi mustang dry systemfor real cheap if it will work on the truck. So my question will a efi kit work on a diesel? and with my mods how big of a shot can i do?

Thanks guys!!!!!
Dominic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2008, 10:21 AM
ADMIN AND TECH

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGG D View Post
Ok i have a buddy that is going to sell me his efi mustang dry systemfor real cheap if it will work on the truck. So my question will a efi kit work on a diesel? and with my mods how big of a shot can i do?

Thanks guys!!!!!
Dominic
yes it will work on your truck , nitrous is nitrous , what size jet is on you really what you want to run, i ran 150 shot dry kit for awhile
Old 08-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Banned

Im not sure. I was thinking of starting with a 100 shot then move to the 150
Old 08-29-2008, 02:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I was wanting to do the same thing, but I don't have a heavy fuel tune. Can the ecu compensate for more fuel up to a point? I run innovatives extreme race tune. Wondering how high of a shot I could run without having to get a N20 tune.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Banned

good question im running the looney tune idk
Old 08-30-2008, 04:33 AM
ADMIN AND TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss350 View Post
Can the ecu compensate for more fuel up to a point?
yes to a point it does compensate using boost readings and such to adjust fuel pulse width to give it more fuel, gas and diesel engines all use injector drivers to regulate how much fuel the engine is getting by monitoring its input from certain sensors , a chip basically takes those readings from the inputs ,and manipulates the outputs over factory to maiximize fuel flow ,amongst other things to get more power , so with that said , in a diesel once chipped , has alot of extra fuel that doesnt get used , therefore the black smoke we all like is seen , but really is wasted power , the nitrous cools the air goin into the engine makes the intake air more dense allowing the combustion chamber to hold more air and fuel, the more air you can run thru a diesel motor and the cooler you can keep it , the more power you can get , and less black smoke meaning more power , you probably dont need a heavy fuel tune is what im getting at , if you are smoking on accel, the nitrous will help clear some of that up, try and burn all the excessive fuel you already have, hope this helps
Old 08-30-2008, 05:21 AM
one day at a time

IMO if you're going to be getting nitrous to run at the track, get a nitrous tune. They back the timing down, injecting more fuel earlier to get the most possible fuel in the cylinder. Works very well with spray. Doesn't work so good without it (lots of heat, smoke, etc.) so its just a track file. Allows you to run a bigger shot. For the street you should be ok with a normal race file and a smaller shot. At $4 a pound its not likely you'll be spraying it all the time anyway...
Old 08-30-2008, 06:56 AM
ADMIN AND TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by shu873 View Post
IMO if you're going to be getting nitrous to run at the track, get a nitrous tune. They back the timing down, injecting more fuel earlier to get the most possible fuel in the cylinder. Works very well with spray. Doesn't work so good without it (lots of heat, smoke, etc.) so its just a track file. Allows you to run a bigger shot. For the street you should be ok with a normal race file and a smaller shot. At $4 a pound its not likely you'll be spraying it all the time anyway...
good point about the timing , backing the timing down in a situation where you are at the track and trying to get max potential is a good idea , no crazy detination
Old 08-30-2008, 08:09 AM
Banned

so on the looney tune would a 100 shot or a 150 shot work better
Old 08-30-2008, 05:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to BLKF250
the question i have is meth/water injection better then nitrous or other way around or whats the story behind that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.