Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

What should i be running?

2K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  jamstoyz 
#1 ·
what do yall think i should be running in a 1/8mi with all my mods? i havnt got into the 9's yet. im here in west texas, the elevation is kinds high, will that be a factor?

#4 ·
I think mine should be a little faster than that if you are running the same size tires. You said that you are running a 100 horse power chip but I believe that my loney tunes is over 175 horse power if I remember. My tires def slowed my down. My truck is heavy enough; no amount of weight reduction is really gonna matter to much unless I run my truck with no cab just frame and a seat lol. I never have run my truck becasue I am waiting to buy guages first. not worth blowing my truck up just yet lol

#6 ·
injectors, turbo, fass, more toys normally gets you more smoke

as far as more stuff for u to nab ... intake and gauges. let her breath and be able to monitor the ride.

if your looking to just lay down coal .... upgrade anything involving fuel and wipe out your exhaust...
as far as 6.0's go i dunno stock power numbers and times from a holein the ground but as far as making loads of smoke .... i feel as though i'm already an investor in OPEC and until i can run farm diesel, run on hopes n dreams, or get sponsored .... i'll try and keep my fuel in my tank (untill a rat nasty rice burner looks at me crossways... then its only fair to give them a fresh soot primer)

#13 ·
yea it is. would higher elevation slow you down? im in west texas and its like 3000 ft above sea level or more

#16 · (Edited)
Eric is the master mind behind my truck. like he said my truck has alot more in it. He told me the other night i should have ran a 12.3. we are going to get this thing dialed in more. traction also. I tried to upload the timeslip..bare with me i tried lol.

and also on my 12.6 pass i blew the intercooler pipe right off the turbo before the 1/4 so no question it has more in it.

heres the slip

#17 ·
SNOW WHITE IS SICK NASTY...DO WORK SON!

#22 ·
yes i did. actually my buddy traded him his x for it then i bought it off my buddy. i take it you know him? are you in michigan?

#25 ·
I want fender exit exhaust:hehe:

#27 ·
yeah i always wanted this short bed. worked out great for me cause i got a hell of a deal on it from my buddy. and yes his blue truck is very sweet. maybe next year ill be doin studs and fire rings then put some juice to my truck so i can whoop his blue one lol. yeah right.

#29 ·
yeah but one of mikes workers bought it from mike and put those on it. it use to have 40's i think. how much is he gonna buy it for?

#31 ·
I like how everyone just ignored your questions, and this thread got way off topic. but here is some help for ya. I also Run Bills files. My 05 Ran 8.9's alot. But i was running his Race file. He even had mine a tad hotter then the normal one. If you have guages, and a 4 tb, then i would ask Bill to tweek your file some for you. It can be made faster. Believe me. He has made some REALLY sick files for me before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.