Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

EGT!

786 views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  jhaddox 
#1 ·
i have an 06 f-250 with innovative tunes do i need an egt sensor?

#2 ·
I would get one. In my opinion, its just helpin you see what your motor is doing. along with a transmission temp gauge. I've heard that the oem ones aren't too accurate.

#3 ·
It is not required if you take it easy but highly recommended. You wouldn't believe how quickly the EGT's rise when you are getting into it. The EGT gauge gives you piece of mind and allows you to take your foot out of it before it is too late.

#4 ·
I totally agree with ^^^^. There have been a few time I have flogged the crap out of it and noticed it was getting a touch hot.

#5 ·
I would say that an EGT gauge is the most important gauge to have when adding fuel to your diesel (I also agree on the tranny and boost gauges as swaed off said)! I have ID tunes, and I have been above 1600* before, and it didn't take too long. Not knowing what your egt's are is a recipe for disaster IMO, so unless your planning on driving like your grandma I'd suggest it. After all what good are your new tunes if you can't USE them :burnout.

Just my .02 cents

#9 ·
get em i didnt think i needed them before. after i got them and looked at my normal driving habbits which i thought were "easy" and wouldnt throw temps up to bad. i was puttin em up really quick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.