Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Performance Help

698 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Granny 
#1 ·
Alright, First off I have a 05 6.0. I just had the truck head studed with the ARP Head studs. Now I want to have some realiably fun, so what should I do?

For exhaust should I do 4" or 5" and what is the difference between the two?

Intake I want to do the AFE.

What Else should I do???????????

thanks

#2 ·
4 inch exhaust, AFE intake if any. Then go with an SCT X3 or Livewire with custom tunes

#4 ·
Because unless you are going for really huge numbers. You will loose power going to a 5 inch

#5 ·
I agree on the exhaust, but unless you are aiming for high hp numbers save your money. The stock intake flows just fine. Don't get the wrong the AFE is a good intake but why spend the money if you don't need it? The only reason I am running an aftermarket intake is because I have added larger injectors and turbo. You that money you would have spent on the intake and get you some other goodies. Another good mods would be the SCT with custom tuning. If you go with the Livewire you will not need gauges, it has them built in. The key is CUSTOM TUNING! I hope this helps you in your quest for fune and power.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.