Amsoil bypass oil filter? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2008, 04:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Amsoil bypass oil filter?

I am wanting to get a dual bypass oil filter for my 05 6.0. What is the part# that I should be looking for? I will be mounting this on frame under passanger side door area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2008, 04:55 PM
Other vehicle is an F250

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2deisel View Post
I am wanting to get a dual bypass oil filter for my 05 6.0. What is the part# that I should be looking for? I will be mounting this on frame under passanger side door area.
It appears that installations can be customized to suit your preferences. I have found that depending on where you mount it, where you take the return lines, etc. makes a big difference in which components you will need to purchase.

I found this on the AMSOIL site:

2004 Ford F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel
AMSOIL Dual Remote By-Pass Filter System
Submitted by AMSOIL Dealers David & Carol Bell
Alan Rice is the owner of this vehicle and the installer of this unit.
This truck is owned by Account Direct Alan Rice in Beaumont, CA. Alan fabricated this heavy duty aluminum bracket (photo 1) making the installation of an AMSOIL By-Pass Mount, #BMK-11, with a By-Pass Filter element, #BE-110, fast and easy on this Ford 6.0L Diesel truck. The bracket can also be fabricated from steel. One obvious advantage of this installation is the easy access to the filter for service and the idea that it would be easy to show-off this unit to prospective customers.

Some tips on this installation:

1. The metal caps used on the oil filter housing and oil fill are available from MTM Industrial, in California, phone (760) 967-0893. Order part numbers: EPS-OFC-6.0 and EPS-AFC-6.0.

2. The bracket should be installed on the alternator by using longer bolts, approximately 3-1/2 inches long for added strength.

3. Additional 90 elbows have been added at both the caps and at the bracket for better routing of the hoses in the engine compartment.

4. Swivels may be installed at both new caps for ease of removing these caps during service.

5. Any size AMSOIL By-Pass Oil Filter may be used, but there is room for the BE-110 by using this bracket.

6. Securing the hoses with tie-downs to minimize vibration is a good idea.

Photo 1
Photo 2

Photo 3 Photo 4

Photo 5 Photo 6

Back To By-Pass Filter Installation Index

By-Pass Parts Identification List

See the AMSOIL By-Pass Filter Main Product Page

Disclaimer: These installation examples have been submitted by sources independent of AMSOIL INC. and may not comply with AMSOIL INC. installation instructions or application recommendations.

Last edited by Hank; 08-19-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
BMK26 Light truck primarily
Ford with International engines EaBP100 and EaO26 BK21, 22 and 23 Relocate full-flow with by-pass for 6.9, 7.3 and 7.5 liter International engine. Includes mount, filters, hose and fittings.
I thought I read somewhere that one would not work for the 6.0?
Old 08-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Other vehicle is an F250

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2deisel View Post
I thought I read somewhere that one would not work for the 6.0?
This is what I was told today by "those in the know":

The by pass will work on the 6.0, it has to be the single element and install is a little different since it has a drop in filter rather that a screw on filter. The adapter for the duel filter screws on the plate and replaces the original OEM screw on filter. The 6.0 does not have a place to screw onto.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.