I am wanting to get a dual bypass oil filter for my 05 6.0. What is the part# that I should be looking for? I will be mounting this on frame under passanger side door area.
It appears that installations can be customized to suit your preferences. I have found that depending on where you mount it, where you take the return lines, etc. makes a big difference in which components you will need to purchase.
I found this on the AMSOIL site:
2004 Ford F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel
AMSOIL Dual Remote By-Pass Filter System
Submitted by AMSOIL Dealers David & Carol Bell
Alan Rice is the owner of this vehicle and the installer of this unit.
This truck is owned by Account Direct Alan Rice in Beaumont, CA. Alan fabricated this heavy duty aluminum bracket (photo 1) making the installation of an AMSOIL By-Pass Mount, #BMK-11, with a By-Pass Filter element, #BE-110, fast and easy on this Ford 6.0L Diesel truck. The bracket can also be fabricated from steel. One obvious advantage of this installation is the easy access to the filter for service and the idea that it would be easy to show-off this unit to prospective customers.
Some tips on this installation:
1. The metal caps used on the oil filter housing and oil fill are available from MTM Industrial, in California, phone (760) 967-0893. Order part numbers: EPS-OFC-6.0 and EPS-AFC-6.0.
2. The bracket should be installed on the alternator by using longer bolts, approximately 3-1/2 inches long for added strength.
3. Additional 90° elbows have been added at both the caps and at the bracket for better routing of the hoses in the engine compartment.
4. Swivels may be installed at both new caps for ease of removing these caps during service.
5. Any size AMSOIL By-Pass Oil Filter may be used, but there is room for the BE-110 by using this bracket.
6. Securing the hoses with tie-downs to minimize vibration is a good idea.
Photo 3 Photo 4
Photo 5 Photo 6
Back To By-Pass Filter Installation Index
By-Pass Parts Identification List
See the AMSOIL By-Pass Filter Main Product Page
Disclaimer: These installation examples have been submitted by sources independent of AMSOIL INC. and may not comply with AMSOIL INC. installation instructions or application recommendations.