PPE Programer LOST stock program - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2008, 08:14 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
PPE Programer LOST stock program

Im going to take back my previous post on The PPE the truck started doing some stange drivability that seemed like the Turbo although it also could be the program got corrupted somehow and was overfueling it or something , after trying to return the program to stock ( Ive done so in the past W/O problems ) it seemed to have alot more power than stock should be . Apperently somehow the stock program got lost and the PPE programer thinks the level 7 Program is stock . I currently have it set at level 5 and its not doing anything stange ....Ive been in contact with PPE and im not to impresed with there Help on the issue im still waiting for them to send me a Stock file to try to put in the programer and they kinda seem like they arent to sure of themselves the number of times ive called , Maybe they are just used to CHEVYS i dont know or maybe Me being a Former FDNY firefighter im just used to Things getting done quickly than what happens in the private buisness sector at any rate IM NOT GOING TO ENDORSE THE PPE try something else maybe youll have beter luck .................................................. .................................................. .....................Ok now that that was said does anyone know while im waiting for PPE to figure it out or get back to Me what are my options ......... If the dealer Reflashes with a perfromance tune will that set it back to stock ? ..... ...If i Buy a New PCM and plug it in will that set it back to stock ........ The PCM that the Programmer controls is behind the Battery Correct ? Thanks everyone in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Give me a minute and I'll tell you what to do. I've been there and done that already. I just need to clean the kitchen and I'll be back.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'm back. Here's whats going on. When you went to load the stock file into the truck the PPE screen went to retriving stock file then it asked which power level and this seemed out of the ordinary. Right? You select 0 then it loads that. Start your truck wait for the tranny to go into gear and go. Right? Punch it and your like crap this isn't stock. What happened is the stock file got misplaced in the tuner and you can't seem to find it. It's not the end of the world and there is nothing to worry about. Don't take it to Ford for a reflash because that may cause issues warranty wise. All you need to do is call PPE talk to Dan and tell him what is going on. You'll probably have to send the tuner to them so they can fix it then they'll ship it back. So far when I've gone there Dan is the most helpful out of all of the guys but he seems a little out of it himself. The other guys are uh they are different. If they are like sorry brother nothing we can do I might be able to help you out.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:15 PM

Thanks for the Super Quick response FDNY would be proud ...... ill call and ask for Dan , ive been dealing with Ryan , everyone there seems out of it must be some good S hit i guess .
Old 08-29-2008, 08:19 PM

After some e amils to get the right files to download into the programer its alright now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.