ICP & ICP VOLTAGE==STOCK VS. TUNED:::PLEASE READ!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2013, 07:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ICP & ICP VOLTAGE==STOCK VS. TUNED:::PLEASE READ!!

alright guys, i have talked to some of you guys about about my issue with ICP and ICP voltage........ with my performance tune on truck i am seeing 1470 ICP & my ICP voltage is 2.1 @ WOT. i have have been told the that ICP voltage is very lowww. so i returned the truck to STOCK and took anther WOT pull in high gear. on the stock programming my ICP voltage is 4.2 & ICP is 3600+ @ WOT. so ive read so many diff things about this. Does the performance tune fool the system so im gettin FALSE readings on my CTS??? or when the truck is in stock tune are those the true readings??

what im really askin is do i really have a HPO defecincy or is the truck fine with large injectors and stock pump??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2013, 07:20 PM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 L chevy eater View Post
alright guys, i have talked to some of you guys about about my issue with ICP and ICP voltage........ with my performance tune on truck i am seeing 1470 ICP & my ICP voltage is 2.1 @ WOT. i have have been told the that ICP voltage is very lowww. so i returned the truck to STOCK and took anther WOT pull in high gear. on the stock programming my ICP voltage is 4.2 & ICP is 3600+ @ WOT. so ive read so many diff things about this. Does the performance tune fool the system so im gettin FALSE readings on my CTS??? or when the truck is in stock tune are those the true readings??

what im really askin is do i really have a HPO defecincy or is the truck fine with large injectors and stock pump??
Sounds like your stock hpop is going out
Old 11-01-2013, 07:28 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Some custom tunes manipulate just the ICP psi, some manipulate both ICP psi and ICPv when read thru the OBDII. If the tune writer only fools the ICP psi then the ICPv will be accurate, this will allow you to convert ICPv to true ICP psi. If the tune writer fools both ICP psi and ICPv, then you will need to run a analog gauge "t"d into the HPOP system.

You would need to contact your tune writer to find out which method is used on your tunes.

The pic below is a DashBoss data log of my SRL++ file. The top of column shows the PID. ICPv, ICP psi, and ICP Calc psi. The ICP Calc PID shows what my ICP psi is really reading.

A healthy HPOP should reach just over 4k psi, when maxed out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 11-01-2013, 07:52 PM

sooo first off need to see if tune writer is manipulating both. 2nd, i can data log with edge cts, how do i pull up the info that has been data logged??

3rd, should it maintain 4k+ icp with warren 225/100s? i woulnd expect it too complety even with a stock healthy pump.....

im using eric @ innovatives tuning...... if anyone knows if he manipulates both??

to me it seems to me like he would have too manipulate both becasue 2.1 is LOw and i dont think truck would run well at all with it being that low.

please educate me.. lol

Last edited by 6 L chevy eater; 11-01-2013 at 07:59 PM.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:59 PM
Powerstroke Techie

I don't know how well Edge data logs or how to bring it up on the device. I do know Edge won't have the ICP Calc PID.

With those size injectors, you might not be able to hold ICP with a healthy pump, but I'll let one of the "big dog" chime in on that. I only have stock injectors.

Old 11-01-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilpooh View Post
I don't know how well Edge data logs or how to bring it up on the device. I do know Edge won't have the ICP Calc PID.

With those size injectors, you might not be able to hold ICP with a healthy pump, but I'll let one of the "big dog" chime in on that. I only have stock injectors.

ok thanks!! i am jus tryin to figure out if i need the upgrade and if so what is my best avalible option......
Old 11-01-2013, 08:22 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
By reading your first post, it appears to me that you're maintaining ICP pretty decent with stock tuning but aren't even coming close in the race tune. Probably due to reduced PW in the tune for the stocker. Now it may vary by tuner and by strategy but my ICP V reads just fine when tuned with Eric's tunes. As far as I know, he only manipulates the ICP pressure portion. In all honesty, I don't believe that the ECM uses ICP V. Only ICP Pressure. I guess I said all that to say, I think you need more oil and I don't believe a stock HPOP will do it.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:28 PM

ok i will double check with eric to see what he says, there a few options out ther to do with a delivery system, dual pumps, ect. whats the best and most efficent route for me to take. would 255cc hybrids change the ball game u think.
or should i jus up the oil some how some way??
Old 11-01-2013, 08:45 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
My opinion would be to just up the oil. The way to do it can be debated. Hybrids kill your injection pressure which is going to reduce the efficiency of combustion.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:47 PM

I believe nate is correct the computer looks for a psi and that is the reason most tuners manipulate that number. That allows the IPR to go full open giving you max injection pressure, which is obviously desirable for a lot of reasons.

It really looks like that size injector is not allowing the stock HPOP to maintain pressure while running a performance tune.

I would take nates advice and just up the oil - do not pass go do not collect 200

I have been reading a ton about injectors and injection pressures lately and I am now realizing why common rails make so much power with so little effort.

Todd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.