FICM Gryphon Tuner Problems? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2013, 01:55 PM
I Like Shiny Things :)

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
FICM Gryphon Tuner Problems?

Hey guys, seeing if you can help me with this. Just got one of the remote programmers from PHP for my ECM/TCM rollback and FICM tune. I'll have to wait until Monday to get the rollback done since its after 5 on the east coast and didn't have an appointment set up . So I wanted to at least upload the FICM tune before my trip tomorrow.

So I pulled the relay, and plugged in the gryphon, it says turn key off, turn key on, and when I do I get this.

Error code d2:
The vehicle didn't recognize or refused a data request. Try again and if that doesn't work, call tech support.

I've tried it a few times, disconnected the batteries and let everything reset, and tried again and it keeps getting the same thing. And I can't call tech support because they're closed so I was hoping to see if any of you may have come across this before? My OBD2 port works fine, I've been using a Superchips Flashpaq as a monitor and its been reading fine, so I don't know what else to check
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2013, 02:33 PM
...swamp trash...

Hmmm... you did everything right. I have a Gryphon and never got that. Have you looked at the PHP website forum maybe? Sorry I am not much help.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If you are willing to wait for 20 - 40 minutes... We are behind the shop blowing up a few bottles of tanerite.

Just shoot me an email, jay@phptune.com, and include your phone number. I'll call you as soon as I'm back at my desk

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 11-01-2013, 02:35 PM
...swamp trash...

^^^good service right there..there ya go!!!
Old 11-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Jay to the rescue!
Old 11-01-2013, 03:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

We are back inside but I have no email from the OP.. :/

D2 is an error code that directly relates to a communications issue between the FICM programmer and the FICM itself. When we see this, more times than not it is caused by a Edge Juice w/ attitude. This is because the Edge with attitude is constantly streaming data back and forth with the modules in the computer. Since it is tie into the ECM itself (not the OBDII) it can allow for a second device to connect. The two signals will interfere with eachother.

what you will need to do in order to fix this issue is to disconnect the attitude and program the vehicle with the FICM programmer.

if you have any more questions, just reply on this thread that way it may help others who find themselves in your same shoes.

Thank you
Jay - PHP techie
Old 11-01-2013, 03:20 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatham036 View Post

D2 is an error code that directly relates to a communications issue between the FICM programmer and the FICM itself. When we see this, more times than not it is caused by a Edge Juice w/ attitude. This is because the Edge with attitude is constantly streaming data back and forth with the modules in the computer. Since it is tie into the ECM itself (not the OBDII) it can allow for a second device to connect. The two signals will interfere with eachother.

what you will need to do in order to fix this issue is to disconnect the attitude and program the vehicle with the FICM programmer.

if you have any more questions, just reply on this thread that way it may help others who find themselves in your same shoes.

Thank you
Jay - PHP techie
he mentioned the flashpaq, is that the same senario as the edge?
Old 11-01-2013, 03:33 PM
Premium Member

^^^^what jay said, I have had similar issues with my edge attitude before I got rid of it

2005 F350 CCLB FX4
Old 11-01-2013, 03:35 PM
Premium Member

Pics of the tanerite fun for goodness sakes!!!
Old 11-01-2013, 03:52 PM
I Like Shiny Things :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatham036 View Post

Thank you
Jay - PHP techie
Jay, thanks for the quick responses. I had to go pick up my wife and take the dogs to the vet, and I won't bother you now too much, I know its dinner time over there. As far as the Edge, I have never had an Edge programmer on this truck. The previous owner may have, but there's no trace of it that I can find, but I'll look harder to see if I can find a module or something

I had been using the Superchips Flashpaq as a monitor and it plugs directly into the OBD2 port, so it's obviously disconnected to plug in the Gryphon. I played around with two of the canned tunes on there, but its been set back to stock for awhile now. Any other idea?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.