Spartan Hybrid Race Review
So I finally loaded up Spartan's hottest tune. I don't like to mess around...get straight to the point.
Things I like:
1. My truck sounds beyond
. Not sure why but I've never heard it sound quite like this.
2. The throttle response is great...possibly some of the best I've experienced.
3. Not much smoke at all.
4. When I was cruising over a hill in 5th about 50mph I let off the gas to coast down. Usually it will immediately come out of OD and into 4th when I get back on the go pedal. This didn't happen, it stayed in OD when I got back on the go pedal at the bottom of the hill. I liked that.
Things I noticed:
1. Shifting is very similar to Dfuser's tunes. Very very similar. It seemed like the 1-3 shifts were similar to Dfuser's and the 3-5 were similar Innovative's Xtreme Street. It consistently clicked off the 3-5 shifts but the 1-3 were sometimes clunky and other times they were very soft and almost not noticeable. Guess I'm just used to Xtreme Street where they are all firm and fast.
2. The TC is locked in 4th and 5th. Liked that. Was happy to see it wasn't a 1/4 tune where the TC is locked in 2nd-5th.
3. So the throttle response from a dead stop or anything under 5mph is GREAT
. I was cruising just under 45mph in 4th gear, gave it about half throttle from where my foot was at 40mph and it seemed a little more sluggish to get up and go vs my Xtreme Street. Barely noticeable.
4. EGT's. Holy Hell. Probably the only downside to the tune. I'm at 1100 in 3rd gear and thinking "my other tunes don't do that". Personally, I don't give a rats azz if I hit 1500 I just noticed that this tune is the hottest one I've ever ran.
Two main things I noticed were high egt's and my truck sounding like chewbaca on steroids on a mic plugged into the biggest amp's known to man. It's gonna scare people. lol
Thanks Matt @ Spartan.
2003 centennial edition f250 4x4 ccsb auto w/blackwater long block w/arp's, 4" exhaust, airaid intake, ODawg's manifold, itp's reg return, sap modified solenoid, DC power 185amp alt, motorcraft 850cca, Warn Hubs, RS 55w 6k hid's, harley headlights, bpd 58v 6 phase, bpd water pump, dieselsite coolant filter, elc coolant, php gryphon, Xcal2 w/unlimited tow, new hfcm, glowshift fuel psi gauge, icon level kit, 20" kmc hoss, 305/55 terra grapplers TOTALED