Injector Opinions- Chime in everyone - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2013, 03:20 AM
Texas Proud

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Arrow Injector Opinions- Chime in everyone

Ok, all opinions are needed right now on injector sizes. My intentions are I want to go to a 175/75 but I don't know how they would do towing an average load of 15k. The advice that I am looking for is what would be the best size injectors to run to get the best power but also still be able to tow a load often? All opinions count on here lol. I've also had a thought about 155/55 but I do not know what route to go on an injector due to I have always only ran factory because I tow often but I am now wanting to squeeze that little bit more out of my truck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2013, 03:25 AM
N.S.D.Q.

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Without air flow it's a crap shoot. Drop the cash for a single plane Pmax, modded y-pipe and a ported manifold first then add injectors later. Then those 175's will do all you want and keep the EGT's in check.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:25 AM
Texas Proud

I did change the y pipe out while I had the cab off when I was rebuilding the motor. I have thought about an intake before, where would I find the bang for the buck on one? Turbo wise, I have an 03 sitting at the house that I also have a bigger compressor wheel for that I was thinking about building. Thought about trying that before I dump the cash on a pmax since I have all the parts to build one that would be bigger than my factory 07 turbo. Whatcha think, worth trying or no?
Old 10-30-2013, 06:35 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I have a few leads on things. Pm me if I can help you figure things out.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:43 AM
N.S.D.Q.

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Get the 2003 done like you talked about. I think a vendor on here has their ported manifolds VERY well priced and worth it.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:47 AM
Premium Member

Having run both 50% and 75% nozzles I would not use 75s on a vehicle that will be towing what you are requesting in you first post, regardless of the turbo. If the load was <10k without steep grades then I would say do it, but realize 30%-50% would more than enough nozzle for 175s and far easier to keep the smoke in check without having to excessively pull fuel.

Tow truck
Play truck
Race truck
Pull truck

Each of these categories share some similarities, but if you go to far with the hardware, the tuning can't reverse it.

Quote:
Turbo wise, I have an 03 sitting at the house that I also have a bigger compressor wheel for that I was thinking about building. Thought about trying that before I dump the cash on a pmax since I have all the parts to build one that would be bigger than my factory 07 turbo. Whatcha think, worth trying or no?
Yes, this is a very good option.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:22 AM
Texas Proud

Don't have a whole lot of hills down in southeast texas, mostly flat hay fields lol. I had a thought about the 50s but never really hear much of them because everyone you hear talking about injectors generally doing 75s or in some cases even larger. Wish I would have did all this when I pulled the cab off now. I appreciate all the info, let's get some more going. Love hearing all the different options out there from people who have tried different things
Old 10-30-2013, 08:35 AM
Texas Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
I have a few leads on things. Pm me if I can help you figure things out.
Message sent
Old 10-30-2013, 09:41 AM
Premium Member

What's the difference between the stock y pipe and a "modded" one? Does the modded one just have the little scoop for the egr cooler removed, or are there other differences? I have an egr delete kit that has yet to be installed, and it has a new up pipe to replace the section with the side port for the egr cooler. I have been thinking about doing one of the aftermarket ones if there's a huge difference between stock.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:52 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have 175/30's and love them. Still on stock turbo for now, waiting for Adrian (MTW) to finish building and testing a new turbo. On a full fuel tune with ficm tuning I could hit 17-1800* egt, but again on a stock turbo...more air would help drastically. You might get a little more power up top if you went with bigger nozzle injectors but I'd stick with a 30 or 50 if it were me (and it was me...lol) especially if you tow at all. Better atomization among many other factors. Lots of other things to consider too, regulated return and as other have mentioned, ported intake and turbo options all play a huge role. As soon as I get my trans in I'll take it to the dyno for numbers on 175/30 with stock turbo...then again with Adrian's turbo, then again after I change heads and intake to a fully ported setup...the last part is still months away, but I'll post dyno #'s for 175/30 on stock turbo in the next couple weeks if all goes well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.