165cc, why not?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2013, 11:37 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
165cc, why not??

How come the injector builders don't make a 165cc injector??

I would think a 165cc would be a "all around" cc for daily driving and towing 10k-15k with the right size turbo.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2013, 11:57 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Idk Rich. I know MPD makes/sells a 165/30 injector and seem to really like it. I personally hate the 175cc and 155cc injector options, but that is just my opinon as I think 155s are not enough of an increase over stock and 175s are too much of an increase over stock for the vast majority of folks looking at just mild turbo upgrades. I'm with ya man, 165cc seems like a great size.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:14 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
well I hate the 165 and 190 options
Old 10-29-2013, 12:17 PM
Premium Member

I think 165 is too much for people looking at a slight bump over stock (or as close to stock as possible) and I think 190 is too little gain over 175 but way more than most people want coming from stock

How about we settle on 170 and 182.5
Old 10-29-2013, 12:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If you have a tuner who is knowledgeable enough, they can write the larger injectors to function as if they were smaller as long as the nozzle size is not too large.

ie... you can have 175cc/stock injectors a tuner can make them fuel the motor the same as the stock 135 cc injector. There is no rule that the injector has to empty each time it fires
Old 10-29-2013, 12:33 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatham036 View Post
If you have a tuner who is knowledgeable enough, they can write the larger injectors to function as if they were smaller as long as the nozzle size is not too large.

ie... you can have 175cc/stock injectors a tuner can make them fuel the motor the same as the stock 135 cc injector. There is no rule that the injector has to empty each time it fires
I have alwasy wondered this... maybe everyone should start with a larger injector like 190/stock and then just tune it to 155 175 or 190... or you can just turn it up as you mod
Old 10-29-2013, 12:41 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:

Although this is completely true, when you spend the amount of money on injectors a lot of people spend, why even upgrade if you're gonna fuel it like stock? Doesn't seem cost effective to drop that kind of coin on a 155/165/175/190 injector if you're not gonna have it empty every time unless it's a temporary thing as in waiting for "more air" via a larger turbo.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:43 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadcoastie View Post
Although this is completely true, when you spend the amount of money on injectors a lot of people spend, why even upgrade if you're gonna fuel it like stock? Doesn't seem cost effective to drop that kind of coin on a 155/165/175/190 injector if you're not gonna have it empty every time unless it's a temporary thing as in waiting for "more air" via a larger turbo.

Very good point
Old 10-29-2013, 12:49 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:

I TOTALLY forgot about this. This is VERY true. Damn you Rich, why did you suck me into this thread?? :

Anyways, Jay is ABSOLUTELY correct. (For the most part and assuming an infinite fuel barrel capacity) Only three things really affect how fuel is dumped into the cylinder when the injector 'fires' and that's ICP pressure, nozzle size, and PW.

While completely impractical IMO, there is nothing stopping anyone from running say a huge 275cc injector with small nozzles because (depending on the construction of the injector, i.e. plugged vs open spill ports) the injector will only dump as much fuel as the tuning allows for based on the three variables mentioned above. Hope this makes sense.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:22 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I'm of the slightly biased opinion of 175's. I personally like them a lot. 175/30's are proving to be a good combination for towing (with proper tuning and turbo sizing) and makes for a pretty badazz street setup as well. I would like to see some other options as well and have some thorough 'testing' done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.