Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

sinister y pipe pics

43K views 150 replies 35 participants last post by  turbotibbo 
#1 ·
just picked up the sinister y pipe , I am very impressed by the quality of this unit . the welds are great and the collector is free flowing . once I install this ill share the results , here are a few pics:thumb:

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: MT KingRanch
#2 ·
That is a nice lookin turbo!

#3 ·
sure is , thanks for the good deal and the ride in your 6.0l . that thing sure does move

#4 ·
If you we're still running the stock up pipe with the scoop, that could be the reason why your y pipes were failing.... I dunno.

#5 ·
I don't have the scoop on this one but the one before had it . this is the second failure in the last two years , I am hoping this sinister unit will put an end to this . I thought the y pipe on there was under warranty for one year but I called and its one year or 20000 km , so happens I am 2000 km over the 20

#6 ·
That's what I meant, most guys recommend not using a block off on the stock up pipes on the up on the 05-07's. only on the 03-04 because they don't have the scoop that directs the exhaust into the cooler.

#11 ·
thanks, cant wait to have this truck running the way it should

#8 ·
Been looking at Sinister's Y pipe for a while but didn't realize they were this high quality. The pics on their website doesn't do them justice.

#12 ·
keeping in mind I live in alberta Canada the shipping was 100 dollars and the pipes were 500 dollars . sinister has free shipping through out the usa . I am very impressed by the quality of this unit , I bet the headers they make are just as nice

#13 ·
the install went well , the slip joints helped to line it up , no leaks, my egts still reading very high and not right ? thinking maybe its the probe ? I don't no ,any suggestions? the truck runs nice and smooth and lots of power just waiting on my pmax tunes .

#15 ·
How much boost you seeing?

#17 ·
right now on slr++ for stock turbo I see 27 psi wot , I ordered tunes from matt of course , innovative , and the spd . tried to get a loonet wild for the pmax from Vivian but her email is not working

#16 ·
Oh Al! I think I just had my first real orgasm!

Yeah, their website does not do that piece justice. The collector looks much smoother inside than their pictures. Does anyone know if it will bolt to the stock up-pipe? I am thinking of running a sneaky pipe to keep the appearance of a functional EGR system and I'm curious if I could pair it with Sinister's Y-pipe.

#18 ·
yes u can do that no problem :D

#21 ·
after getting my egt probe fixed and trying some new tunes for the pmax I installed the same time I did the y pipe I am really seeing a nice difference in performance and reduction in egts , the y pipe really helps the pmax spool I would say better than stock , I will be adding a billet wheel soon but for now I see an over all 100 - 150 drop in egts . on the looney wild I seen 32 psi and on spd I was seen 33 at one point

#22 ·
what are your egts after holding egts for 10-15 seconds?

#24 ·
on my looney wild the egts sit around 1300-1375 , but that's after around 10 sec wot at first they hit 1500-1550 for about 2 sec and start to come down

#23 ·
Nice review I have been considering this myself.

#26 ·
The slip joints make for an easy install , I am very happy with this unit . If I had t do it again I would not change a thing . Except I would have a helper when it's time to line it up with the turbo

#27 ·
Nice, good info. Definitely sold me on it. Unfortunately I have to send it out of state then back to Cali cause they won't see me this product as being its "illegal"... I'll get one one way or another. It looks beautiful. How did it effect the sound?

#29 ·
how can a pipe be illegal ? that sucks man

#28 ·
little update>> I love this y pipe lower egts at idle and through out , give me quick spool on a pmax cast wheel turbo , no leaks at all , very happy with this solution to the cracking oem unit .

#30 ·
Where is the cheapest place to buy this y-pipe? Straight from MKM?

Reactions: sinner6.0L
#33 ·
yes mkm is the best place I found to get it .

#34 ·
sorry I didn't get any measurements , I do no just by looking at it beside an oem unit that the collector is much more free flowing and the pipes look to be a bit bigger but I am not 100 percent sure about that . it has made a big improvement . I hope to hear more reviews with stock turbo setups and so on .

#32 ·
Its illegal in California cause of the deleted egr up pipe section, so that totally sucks. But I'm just waiting now for it. Its been over a week since I had ordered it. I can't wait

#35 ·
The one listed on their site doesn't show a 2 piece pipe...it just looks like a 1 piece with the slip joints...did you have to specify to have the "egr delete" portion made with it? Or is that how they all come. I'd much prefer to just do away with the second pipe and eliminate future leaks...pretty sure my stock one is leaking there now.

#38 ·
nope they come in two pieces with a gasket and all the bolts and nuts , the slip joint is on the egr delete pipe so you kinda need to use it or else there is no way for it to expand and retract on that side . all I no is this unit is solid , the slip joints do not leak a drop . for what its worth all our cat v12 c32 motors use slip joints on there exhaust at work , so seeing how well slip joints worked there I had no issue installing slip joints on my truck. hope this helps

#36 ·
Their shipping mine out Monday, then I'll have it overnighted from Oregon an hopefully have it by next Friday. I'll take some measurements an pics. An side by side comparison of the stock vs sinister. Their 2 weeks out by the way

#39 ·
I was looking at these also, thought they were quite pricey from what I remember...... have you seen the headers for the 6.0! They are SICK but again wicked expensive.

#40 ·
ya I did see them they look nice , the quality is there that's for sure

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.